Supervisor (Presentation Cleaning) - York Place | Zoek UK | 340936
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Supervisor (Presentation Cleaning) Nights
York Place, Edinburgh, Scotland
Permanent (Full time)
JOB TITLE: Presentation (Cleaning Supervisor - Night Shift)
LOCATION: Edinburgh, St James Quarter
WORK PATTERN: Full Time, Perm. hours/week, 4 on 4 off, 7pm -7am
REPORTING TO Deputy Presentation Manager
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
On implementation, St James Quarter (SJQ) will be a world-renowned retail-led mixed-use destination comprising 850,000sf of prime retail, food and leisure space, a multi-screen cinema, a world class "W" hotel, 152 private apartments and a 4-star aparthotel.
Phase 1 of the development is due to complete in Spring 2021 and is already digitally active across social media and the SJQ website. In the run up to phase 1 opening and beyond as a sustainable development there is a requirement for a more active digital role.
Purpose of the Role
As a Presentation Supervisor you will be required to deliver the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene throughout St James Quarter, internally and externally by ensuring that all areas are fully maintained and safe through a planned and reactive management operations programme. ABM UK strive to meet our clients demands in the best way possible with guest experience and high quality service being of vital importance.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* To support the Operations/ Deputy Presentation Managers in the day to day operational management of the contract.
* Lead and support the presentation team on site ensuring service is delivered to high standard and all colleagues display appropriate behaviours and add value to the service operation and guest experience throughout
* To ensure high standards of housekeeping are achieved at all times, being flexible, able to meet the changing operational needs on a continual basis and to suggest new initiatives to ensure best practice is constantly delivered in accordance with cleaning specification and to BICs Standards.
* Manage and support the daily operational planning and delivery of service to achieve high standards
* To provide support to the business in service-related matters and promote the ABM FS brand at all times.
* Ensure a focus from all colleagues in enhancing guet experience and consider and recommend improvement and innovative ways where our Presentation Team can impact this in a positive manner.
* To ensure that all team members carry out their cleaning duties in a correct and timely manner in accordance with cleaning specification, task matrix and direction from Management Team. Report any non-conformance to Site Management.
* To carry out cleaning assignment responsibilities as designated by management / periodic task matrix including deep clean tasks. Plan ahead, promoting a pro-active approach, ensure effective use of available resources.
* To support site management team in recruitment (via Right Check) Induction training (Onboarding), developing and training of staff.
* Ensuring strict compliance to GDPR and associated regulations.
* To deliver excellent communication and motivation to site-based team including daily de brief so that an effective communication exists for team goals to be achieved.
* To support the identification of training needs and ensure accurate site records are maintained at all times.
* To supervise the teams ensuring they are fully conversant with their roles and responsibilities, organise workload in partnership with shift supervisors to ensure fairness in the distribution of tasks.
* Ensure ABM/ Site Health and Safety Policies and Procedures (Including Centre Standards ) are adhered to.
* To assist with the timely completion of accident and incident reporting via Assessnet.
* To be responsible and accountable for the safety and welfare of team members.
* Conduct daily audits in conjunction with serving ADM to ensure Service Delivery adheres to ISO Standards and the outcome achieves and/or exceeds client requirements.
* Maintenance and correct/ safe usage (trained staff only) of all equipment and machinery on site ensuring any faults are reported in a timely manner, ensuring pre and post checking regime in place.
* Ensure duties as dictated on the periodic task matrix are completed ensuring all core duties are complete. Deploy tasks in a fair and considered manner.
* Correct usage of cleaning chemicals in line with COSHH regulations, ensure all materials are stored safely, monitoring and ordering of consumables and materials in line with minimum stock levels whilst ensuring best value for money at all times.
* Perform appearance / ear-piece checks on team and arrange issue of radio’s at start of each shift.
* Prepare an informative handover for the incoming Supervisor. This should include any important information discussed; tasks incomplete from previous shift, areas of focus, any issues, equipment and machinery updates, confirm areas of enhanced cleaning programme, confirm any contractors and their intentions, confirm knowledge of peak times and invite a time for inspection and daily audit.
* Undertake any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
* Good written and communication skills.
* Ability to motivate others and inspire respect and confidence.
* Well organised with an attention to detail.
* Cleaning Experience.
* Excellent communication and team working skills.
* Ability to work under own initiative with a proactive outlook.
* Ability to work unsupervised and take responsibility.
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Please note that ABM are an equal opportunities employer, we do not discriminate and welcome all responses