Repair & Maintenance Ganger - Leicester
Permanent (Full time)
Morrison Utility Services are currently looking for a Repair & Maintenance Ganger who will be working with a Morrison Utility Services operative to deliver dig and fix capability to the Severn Trent Water Repair and Maintenance contract based in Leicester.
As a Ganger your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Ensure all dig and fix works undertaken are safe and in line with MUS, STW procedures and industry best practice
- Risk assessment
- Set up site and remove site. Chapter 8.
- Demonstrate an excellent level of customer engagement (pre site calls and in person)
- Able to inspect all work and work equipment for defects
- Defect/damage reporting
- Working in highways with pedestrians and live traffic.
- Maintain a clean and safe work site, vehicle and tooling
- Mentoring the team mate/operative
- Achieve a high level of technical and commercial (timesheets, work sheets and fuel returns) feedback in to corporate systems.
- Escalates issues
- Support their supervisor.
Skills and Knowledge Requirements:
- NRSWA including Reinstatement modules
- Mini excavator CPCS
- Driving Licence including towing B,E
- Water hygiene card
- Water SHEA or CSCS
- Emergency First Aid
- Abrasive Wheels
- Manual Handling
- Thrust Boring
- IT Literate
What’s in it for you?
- 21 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Company van and fuel card (business use only)
Morrison Utility Services is the UK’s largest provider of essential infrastructure services through long-term framework agreements to the electricity, water, gas and telecom sectors across the UK & Ireland. Our workforce operates 24/7, in local communities to keep people connected, households and businesses warm, taps flowing and the lights on.
We aim to be the employer of choice in the Utility Services sector. Our continued growth and success is creating opportunities for fulfilling and rewarding roles, making the best use of our people’s skills and expertise. We want our people to have a positive impact on customers, communities and our clients every day. We invest in training our people, developing leadership capabilities to create ambassadors not just employees. Through strong leadership, teamwork and mutual support we want our business to thrive on a happy, healthy and, most importantly, safe workforce.
‘M Group Services values diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We are committed to equal opportunities.
Posted 136 days ago