Special Educational Needs Officer
Up to £34.00 per hour
Sanctuary Social Care is currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Special Educational Needs Officer to work fulltime in Hillingdon. The ideal candidate will possess highly developed specialist knowledge of social work practice in childrens services and be registered with the HCPC.
The pay rate for this locum Special Educational Needs Officer job is £34 per hour (LTD Company Equivalent) and is an initial 3month contract.
- The team shall be given responsibility for a specific caseload of children, young people and their families who are undergoing an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment.
- Officers will need to ensure a personcentred approach is undertaken throughout the process, and a culture of putting our residents first is maintained.
- This will require the officer to manage the statutory assessment process, working in partnership with parents/carers, children and young people and external agencies, ensuring children and young people are centrally involved and consulted with in line with the Children and Families Act 2014 and Code of Practice.
- Officers will also be tasked with supporting the Local Authority with the statutory processing of Annual Reviews relating to current EHCPs.
Requirements of the Special Educational Needs Officer:
- Degree or equivalent in social work
- Current HCPC registration
- Significant senior level frontline experience within childrens services
- Must be experienced in the statutory requirements for processing Annual Reviews, and be able to support the Local Authority in making any amendments required to existing EHCPs.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the Children and Families Act 2014, and ensure the regulations are closely followed in all work undertaken.
This Special Educational Needs Officer job is advertised by Jess Ling; if you are interested in this position please click below to apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, regretfully we are only able to respond to candidates who meet our clients requirements.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require any reasonable adjustment during the recruitment process or within the workplace, please highlight this at the earliest opportunity. With this information, we will provide appropriate support to you throughout the process and into your work placement.
Posted 49 days ago