Graduate Cover Supervisor - Hackney
Hackney, Greater London, England
£80 per day - PGCE & SCITT opportunities
Temporary (Full time)
The Educate Group require Graduate Cover Supervisors to help step in and cover classes in the absence of the class teacher across key stages three, four and five. Due to the nature of the role, it is important you can engage students, have a sense of humour as well as a strong classroom presence, with excellent classroom and strong behaviour management skills. Due to the short notice some schools provide, you must be adaptable and flexible to their needs and requirements, but there is the added benefit of not having to plan work as this will have already been set in the absence of the teacher but a good level of education and transferable skills are desirable.
If you are considering a career in teaching, this is an excellent opportunity to gain real-life, practical classroom experience; enhancing your chances of securing a PGCE place with Educate Teacher Training or another provider.
Who are the Educate Group?
The Educate Group is 'Run by Teachers for Teachers' . We're passionate in what we do and this is reflected in the genuine, independent advice and guidance we share through a combined 50 years actual teaching, youth work and senior leadership experience .
We appreciate our teams' on-going and ever-changing needs and requirements, which form part of our commitment to finding you a role that works for you!
You will join a company who appreciate the time and dedication needed to develop and nurture their staff . You will immediately notice how we work differently and this is reflected in how you're treated and made to feel welcome.
What will I be expected to do?
- Complete school registers i.e. paper/SIMS etc.
- Engage students in the completing of the classwork set in their teacher's absence
- Interact with students (sense of humour can help) and have strong classroom presence
- Cover classes across all key stages
- Inspire and motivate pupils to engage in their own learning
- Promote and encourage pupils to take responsibility for their own actions
- Deal with pupil behaviour using each schools own protocol or system
What qualifications and experience do I need for this role?
- Undergraduate degree (preferable)
- Clear and Enhanced DBS on the Update Service
- Strong interpersonal and classroom management skills
- An interest in teaching and supporting children
- Referable experience relating to working with children (mandatory)
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
What will the Educate Group provide me with?
- Mentoring and support from our own team of dedicated Teachers and Senior Leaders
- Free Cover Supervisor training from our own experienced team of staff
- 24 hours on-call helpline
- Choice of day to day, short/long-term and permanent opportunities
- Discounted 'Teacher Training' opportunities
- Free social events as a way of saying 'Thank You'
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or be eligible to apply for a relevant work visa
- The Educate Group are unable to offer a work permit to any applicant or facilitate work permits for any vacancy on behalf of one of its schools
- As a matter of courtesy, the Educate Group aim to respond to all applications within 3 - 7 working days
- All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay
We would love you to become part of the 'Educate Team' where you will be afforded all the time, training, mentoring and opportunities to develop your career as a Graduate Cover Supervisor.
If you are interested in knowing more about the Educate Group and the opportunities that exist, feel free to contact one of our Teachers on#########
Posted 137 days ago