Cover Supervisor / Study Supervisor
Chichester, West Sussex, England
£18000 - £26000 per annum
Permanent (Full time)
Cover Supervisor needed in the Chichester area!
To start as soon as September following the completion of safer recruitment checks.
The vibrant and large Secondary School are seeking to recruit a graduate or someone who is suitably experienced to join their Cover Supervisors Team. The successful post-holder will be responsible for the supervision of classes in the absence of the subject Teacher and will also provide administrative and technical support to Heads of Departments. The role would provide invaluable teaching/School experience, and this Academy Trust places a huge emphasis on training Teachers of the future.
As a cover supervisor, you will be required to supervise pupils in the absence of their usual teacher delivering pre-prepared exercises and managing the classroom as a whole, ensuring that students remain on task with the work they have been set. Additional duties include managing the behaviour of pupils, responding to any questions from pupils about process and procedures, reporting back as appropriate using the school's agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and collecting and returning any completed work after the lesson.
What you will need to succeed:
- Committed to supporting students
- Interest in Education, and working with young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Effective ICT skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Understanding of the educational system and current developments
- Ability to motivate and to support learning
Additional skills and experience:
- Additional language skills to support our diverse student population
- Previous experience in providing literacy or numeracy support at Key Stage 3 or 4 will be a distinct advantage
- First Aid experience
- Experience working with Children and Adults with SEN is desirable
If you are interested in working for an Academy, benefiting from a supportive network of teachers then this role could be for you! The Trust invest in the development of their Staff, so if you are keen to progress your career then this is an exciting time for to join this Academy and its wider Trust -please apply today with your CV!
Posted 112 days ago