Senior Project Manager - Pharmaceutical
London, Greater London, England
Senior Project Manager needed to join a major EPCM company I am working with based in Frankfurt, Germany. This is a permanent position which will involve overseeing work for world leading organisations across the Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences sector.
As the Senior Project Manager, you will manage the project team to safely deliver, on time, to stated quality, at minimum cost and to client satisfaction. Acting as the link between the client and other key stakeholders.
The location is a mix of Frankfurt and Heidelberg, Germany.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the procurement of trade contractors and suppliers according to the procurement schedule.
- Undertaking the contract administration according to VOB and German regulations.
- Chairing the weekly construction progress meetings and report on weekly project and commercial progress.
- Management of the Construction Manager based on site.
- Managing and developing the team to ensure objectives are met and staff are supported and motivated. Assessing resources available on a regular basis and bring in additional support/specialist expertise.
- Establishing and monitoring appropriate project operating procedures and systems, specifically ensuring management plan is being followed and adhered to.
- Ensuring safe project working practices are followed for all site personnel.
- Managing, monitoring and coordinating all key aspects of the project, including but not limited to cost, value, risk, logistics, neighbour relations, safety, quality, M&E, design and environment.
- Ensuring subject matter experts and users are up to date and engaged during project lifecycle.
- Manage the move process.
- Ensuring close-out and practical completion schedules are completed and issued.
- Providing financial reports on time (forecasts, budgets, income, fees and etc.).
- Ensuring invoices and timesheets are submitted on time.
- Previous work in a similar role.
- Previous experience with the construction of a pharmaceutical laboratory.
- Understanding of built environment and the construction lifecycle.
- Understanding of the German HOAI phases and VOB contract procedures.
- Successful track record of managing clients, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of German legal framework, including health and safety regulations, contract law (BGB, VOB), environment and building regulations.
- Expertise in managing budgets up to €20m and forecasting expenditure.
- Expertise in key project processes such as design principals and management, construction processes, procurement and tendering.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Fluency in German and English.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Understanding of industry best practice.
- A relevant degree qualification.
Please get in touch with Robbie Knight via email ( ######### ) if you are suitable for this role.
Posted 9 days ago