Leeds, West Yorkshire
£500 - £550 per day
- £500550 per day
- 3 Months**
An opportunity as a Data Scientist to build predictive models for a leading tourism company using Python and Spark.
You will be working for a leading company in the tourism industry. As a Data Scientist you will be helping to build different predictive models for packaging holidays. You will be sitting alongside Data Engineers in an agile team environment.
As a Data Scientist, you can expect to be heavily involved in building different ML models using Python. You will be working on different projects based around pricing data using predictive models such as time series, random forest, gradient boosting and decision trees. As A Data Scientist you must have an excellent understanding of Python and its libraries. All the data comes from spark and NOSQL databases so having some exposure to Spark would be valuable. As a Data Scientist you will be building different prototypes of predictive models for Data Engineers to productionise.
In specific, you can expect to be involved in the following:
- Building different predictive models using Python and ML techniques
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful Data Scientist will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Mathematics, Computer Science or related subject
- Masters/ PHD in Data Science or other relevant discipline
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Python and its libraries
- Experience building predictive models using ML techniques
- Exposure to Spark
The ideal candidate will have come from a pricing data science background
- A chance to work in an agile team environment
HOW TO APPLY:Please register your interest by sending your CV to Anna Greenhill via the Apply link on this page.
Posted 38 days ago