1:1 SEN Support Assistant (S70)
£60.00 - £85.00 per day
1:1 SEN Support Assistant
Teaching Personnel are currently working with a Primary School located in Barnsley (S70) that is seeking a 1:1 SEN Support Assistant from September 2019. This is an exciting opportunity for nurturing and driven individuals who enjoy a challenge and want to improve the quality of education for SEN pupils in the Barnsley area (S70). The pupil needs consistent support from a nurturing individual who is committed to improving their education.
You will work under the instruction/guidance of the teacher and other senior staff members, to ensure the care and 1:1 support of the pupil. You will act as a role model and mentor to children who are finding the school environment a challenge and will need to take into account pupil learning styles and positive behaviour management.
- Have good literacy and numeracy skills
- Be Moving and Handling trained or willing to undergo training
- Have relevant experience working with children with challenging behaviour, either on a 1:1 basis or small groups
- Be able to motivate children who are disengaged from learning
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Shown initiative and be confident to get involved in all areas of the school
Why work for Teaching Personnel?
- Competitive daily rates of up to £85
- The opportunity for professional development with relevant training provided
- Ongoing work on a regular basis
- Full-time and part-time roles available
- A dedicated consultant who will work for you
- Interview support
- Rewards scheme; £50to refer a friend
If this sounds like the perfect role for you, or someone else you know, then please contact Katie on the Barnsley Primary Branch on######### for more information.
Please note that we have various roles within Barnsley, Doncaster and North Sheffield, so to find out more please get in touch.
Posted 23 days ago