Learning Support Assistant (SEN) Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
£60 - £75 per day
Teaching Personnel are seeking a Learning Support Assistant to provide specialist support for pupils with additional learning needs on a full time basis this September.
Our client is a special school in the Heaton area of Bradford (BD9) which caters for 95 pupils aged 3-19, with Special Educational Needs; specifically Communication and Interaction Difficulties. A large number of pupils have a diagnosis of Autism.
The successful applicant will provide support for pupils both in and outside the classroom, contributing to the provision of an outstanding support service. You will work with colleagues to implement person centred approaches such as Intensive Interaction, SPELL Framework, and Positive Behaviour Support.
Responsibilities will include:
- Providing personal care and welfare support in response to individual students who may require additional help due to medical/physical conditions in accordance with learner profiles
- Gain an understanding of pupils' needs and work with colleagues to ensure that pupils are sufficiently supported, promoting inclusion and engagement within the learning environment
- Contributing towards identifying, assessing, and monitoring specific support to students
- Working with specialists such as Speech and Language Therapists, Occupational Therapists and medical staff to implement specific programmes of support
- Communicate effectively with teaching staff to ensure that support is informed by lesson planning
- Provide out of class supervision during break and lunchtime periods
You must have previous experience of working with learners with additional support needs in an education or healthcare setting with the ability to motivate and promote access to learning. We are seeking an individual who has the ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships with staff and pupils, and the emotional resilience to encourage appropriate behaviour in pupils.
For more information, or to register with Teaching Personnel and apply for this role, please contact Rebecca Barham on the details provided.
Posted 13 days ago