IT/AV Support Technician
London, Greater London, England
£100 - 200 per day
Job title: IT/AV Support Technician
Start Date: ASAP
Day Rate: £100 - £200
Length: 3 Months contract
- To provide customer facing support, advice and troubleshooting services to all members of the school community (staff, faculty, students, executive participants and alumni) on the audio-visual services and desktop computing environment.
- Delivery and support of desktop hardware (PCs, laptops, peripheral equipment & faculty printers), software applications and telecoms facilities.
- Setting up onsite and offsite events including PA systems with various microphones, projection and LED relay screens.
- Installing and uninstalling AV & IT equipment in lecture theatres and seminar rooms including set up of video & audio conferencing & webinars for teaching, meeting and interviews.
- Conducting checks of the teaching spaces prior to teaching sessions.
- Providing customer facing technical support and advice to staff, faculty on all aspects of the desktop computing and teaching environment.
- Manage and maintain teaching facilities across campus including diagnosing, configuring and replacing AV systems and reporting faults.
- Good communication skills and the ability to address a variety of stakeholders.
- Proactive approach to relationship development with colleagues.
- Good time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritise.
- Good team working skills and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Good knowledge of AV consumer technology including application and support.
- Previous experience in an AV support role, together with AV theory and practices (e.g. optics, signal flows, video/computing standards etc.).
- Experience of first line servicing of a wide variety of hardware (e.g. projectors, audio mixers as well as another classroom equipment).
- Significant experience of AV Control system hardware (AMX).
- Significant experience of video conferencing and webinars.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP based applications.
- Excellent ability to work within a team as well as independently.
- Experience of working within an ITIL framework to deliver technical support.
- Strong experience working within an IT support environment having previously supported, desktops, laptops and smartphones.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, please send through your up to date CV and expected daily rate.
Equally, if there is anyone you know who would be a suitable fit, we at Premier have a competitive referral scheme of up to £500 for all successful candidates placed.
Posted 16 days ago