Basingstoke, Hampshire, England
competitive hourly rates
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare with a network of hospitals across the country. Our aim is to employ the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group offers the prospect for great career progression and development throughout the UK.
Located in Basingstoke, BMI Hampshire Clinic can offer you the opportunity to work within teams which achieve patient satisfaction ratings of 98-99%, people like you who are committed to providing the care and treatment that they would expect for themselves and their families.
With a case mix ranging from out-patient treatment and ambulatory care to acute surgical and level 2 and level 3 critical care, we have roles suited for clinical staff at all stages of their career progression. From novice to expert we can provide rewarding and challenging roles in which you can thrive and develop.
We are part of BMI Healthcare, the UK's largest private healthcare provider, and we offer innovative education and training opportunities, competitive salaries with enhanced payment for unsocial hours and a range of employee benefits for others who are just like us.
We have a vacancy for a Housekeeper to join their team of staff in the Hotel Services department.
This is a bank role working on an "as and when required" basis, you will be required to supplement staffing levels during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence. The working hours will be varied shifts and will include mornings, afternoons and weekends.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Competence in literacy and numeracy
- Good Communication skills essential
- Maths, English GCSE at grades A to C or equivalent functional skills level 2 evidence.
- Cleaning experience in a hospital environment would be advantageous but not a necessity as training will be provided.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
Duties of this role include:
- Undertaking the day to day cleaning of patient, public and employee areas.
- Maintaining a safe and pleasant environment for patients, visitors and BMI employees.
- Replenishment of linen and consumables.
- Flexibility to work in all departments (including Theatre areas) and at other BMI sites where appropriate and as requested
- Cleaning and servicing of all hospital areas (clinical and non-clinical, including Theatre) to the required BMI standards and in line with BMI procedures.
- Setting up of rooms in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Undertake any duties required of the housekeeping department
- Complete daily task sheets and submit to the Housekeeper Lead on a daily basis for auditing purposes
- Comply with room clean target times and any timing targets for cleaning of general areas
- Undertake deep cleaning of areas on a rota basis and/or according to the cleaning schedule
- Use cleaning chemicals and materials according to instructions, COSHH reports and BMI procedures
- Use appropriate H&S signage at all times to notify employees, patients and visitors that cleaning is in progress
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a competitive hourly rate.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 23 days ago