Senior Credit Analyst
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£60000 - £75000 per annum + +20-30% bonus
Permanent (Full time)
Our client a leading alternative finance provider specialising in SME lending are hiring for a Senior Credit Analyst to supporting the business in assessing and reviewing clients credit worthiness and status, recommending and monitoring credit limits, managing exposures, assisting in managing complex credit projects.
- Analysing clients credit worthiness and status in order to recommend appropriate credit limits and managing credit support where necessary.
- Managing any renewals and refinance by continuous monitoring of client status.
- Managing credit exposure and risk measures and anticipation and management of breaches and exceptions.
- Proactively assessing exposure and the impact of potential transactions to provide an advisory role to the business
- Coordination with internal stakeholders being a professional business partner and communicating sound opinions in a convincing, understandable and concise manner ton noncredit stakeholders.
- Ability to find innovative solutions, which address risk reduction whilst responding to commercial requirements.
- Managing complex projects related to credit risk and requiring coordination with other departments.
- Requirement to be able to autonomously drive projects and present workable results within deadlines to management.
- Providing advice and support to other team members concerning areas of expertise as well as exposure management.
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients including support in negotiating trading documentation and maximising the credit lines extended to the company.
- Developing good relationships with clients credit departments so as to be able to solve issues that may arise.
- Build and maintain strong internal relationships across all business and support functions and ensure close liaison with other members of the risk management team.
- Assist Head of Credit in development of the Credit Risk function including client or sector assessment, advanced exposure and risk measures, project management, and development and documentation of credit risk management policies and procedures.
- 5 years + experience in a Credit Analyst role either within the SME/Corporate lending space is essential.
- Familiarity with SME lending including working/growth capital, refinancing, asset finance and/or acquisition essential
- Accounting or debt advisory background preferred, although not essential.
- Able work creatively to find solutions and be able to think commercially without sacrificing risk.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Diligent and reliable.
This is a full time, permanent, position working remotely from home with regular/occasional travel to client site and regional office based near Sheffield as and when required. Occasional travel to London headquarters required.
Our offer an exceptional remuneration package including highly competitive basic salary and performance bonus of up to 30%. Other benefits include holiday, pension, healthcare and stock options.
Please apply online for consideration.
Posted 131 days ago