Warrington, Cheshire, England
£50k - 60k per year
POSITION: Contracts Manager
SALARY: 50 - 60K (depending on experience) + car allowance
BENEFITS: Car allowance, 5% employer pension contribution, couple private health membership and free office gym
HOURS: 8-5pm 1 hour for lunch flexibility will be required depending on the job requirements
LOCATION: Warrington, WA3 7BP
Our client is one of the leading providers of fitout, refurbishment, M&E and construction services in the UK. A family firm, with a proud track record of excellence, they aim high, act responsibly and value their staff and customers.
Due to continued success the business is looking to recruit a Contracts Manager . This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated candidate to join a well-established company.
Key Areas of Responsibility (not limited to):
- Responsible for the overall management, planning, programming & phasing of all projects; including front-end activities from tender stage.
- Ensuring the site management team manage the planning and establishment of activities related to site set up; including management of labour resources and materials.
- Managing effective meetings with site team and attending meetings where necessary: including pre-start, hand-over meetings, sub-contractor progress, contract progress, internal team meetings.
- Preparation and production of progress reports for client/team meetings.
- Quality control: ensuring site teams achieve snag-free handover of all projects by implementing 9001 QA / QC processes. Take an active part in that with regular quality inspections in line with company compliance requirements.
- Providing tailor-made services to assist clients in developing and managing their projects.
- Offering clients added value to provide quality, start-to-finish delivery.
- Applying strong presentation and communication skills when liaising with clients and consultants - particularly in the delivery of project programmes and phasing presentations to clients.
- Developing and maintaining strong networking and account management relationships.
- Commercial awareness for the financial viability of a project in liaison with the quantity surveyor.
- Commercial awareness of project delivery (prelims, management of labour allocation, impact of delays / additional works to the project).
- Ensuring site teams maintain robust and accurate planning of procurement requirements to avoid urgent/last minute orders for materials and plant.
- Monitoring and controlling supply chain to ensure costs are managed efficiently, and to maximise cost savings.
- Acting as a first point of contact for direct reports to offer support and advice.
- Ensuring compliance with all Company process and procedures to support the overall success of the business unit/division.
- Managing performance, team conflict and communication issues where necessary.
- Management of resources for each project based on employees' experience and competency.
- Responsible for all aspects of onsite Health & Safety to ensure compliance with legislation and company procedures; this includes maintaining site files in the required format and ensuring monthly compliance.
- Achieving consistency in both operational and documented systems to support the Company's aim to "value life".
- Compliance with quality management and environmental management systems; ensuring the appropriate management systems, work processes and procedures (including Union Square) are complied with to ensure successful outcome of the contract.
- Compliance with the employee handbook, company processes and procedures.
- Correct use of and management of all company property and plant (vans / IT equipment etc).
- Where relevant, monitoring operatives' compliance with company van policy; ensuring relevant weekly checks take place and any issues are escalated as necessary to avoid significant costs to the business.
- Undertaking learning and development activities to enable improvement in personal performance effectiveness.
- Offering a flexible and pro-active approach to the business, undertaking additional duties that may fall outside of job profile in support of wider business requirements.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Be a high achiever with a good track record of getting results.
- Possess business/commercial acumen.
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to adhere to all company policies.
- Be a decision maker, problem solver and analytical thinker.
- Strong leadership, team management and negotiation skills.
- Be able to build effective relationships with clients and internal team members.
- Have an awareness of health and safety.
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Contracts Manager, Contracts Manager, Manager, Contracts Manager, Manager, Manager, Management, Project Management, Manager, Planning, Senior Roles, Operations, Operations Manager, Construction Contracts Manager,
Posted 25 days ago