Nursing Home Manager - W3 8EF
Acton, Armagh Banbridge and Craigavon, Northern Ireland
A great opportunity has arisen in our warm and friendly residential care home based in Acton for a driven, highly motivated and compassionate Home Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB - Have a commitment to Gold Care Home's philosophy and objectives and ensure these are shared with staff. Maintain professional standards in social care and facilitate the operation of the day to day functions of the home to the satisfaction of the Operations Director, the Statutory Authorities and in the best interest of the residents.
Duties and Responsibilities
Effective monitoring of appropriate care delivery systems and routines which meet the needs of the specialised client group, in accordance with the requirements of the National Minimum Standards for Care Homes for Older People. To include:
- Assessing the needs of prospective and new residents and
confirming that the needs of prospective residents can be met within the home.
- Implementing and monitoring drug systems and stocks.
- Implementing and monitoring care plan in accordance with company policy.
- Ensuring confidentiality of all information in accordance with data protection.
- Liaising with GPs, nurses and other healthcare professionals.
- Providing and maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- Providing necessary equipment and supplies.
- Meeting individual residents regularly.
- Provision for therapy to deal with the spiritual, emotional, physical and mental health needs of the residents.
- Maintaining adequate staffing levels and the correct mix of staff.
- Frequent communication with carers on care issues.
- Supporting family and friends of residents when necessary and appropriate to the client group.
- Monitoring dependency levels.
- Liaise with social service personnel and other outside agencies in relation to current or prospective residents, and to convene and / or participate in case conferences, design care plans and rehabilitative programmes as required.
- Ensure that the social, occupational, recreational, medical, dietary and religious needs of clients are met whether indigenous or ethnic origin.
- Comply with the requirements of the CQC in regard to complaints.
Work within agreed budgets by effectively managing resources and ensuring the smooth and efficient administration of the Home. To include:
- Adhering to all budgets which are set.
- Managing staff costs effectively, which will include resisting the use of agency staff without authorisation from the Operations Director.
- Ensuring timesheets (or equivalent) are completed accurately and on time.
- Carrying our regular stock takes.
- Ensure that all residents' finances are managed in accordance with company procedures and the appropriate CQC regulations.
- Processing all paperwork accurately and promptly.
- Forwarding all details on bed occupancy on time.
- Ensuring where necessary all debts are collected on time, involving HO where necessary.
Ensure that all company, registration, purchasing and statutory requirements are complied with:
- Ensuring that all agreed standards and requirements of care and services are achieved.
- Participating in quality assurance inspections.
- Maintaining correct statutory and company records.
- Complying with all fire regulations.
- Complying with all health and safety requirements.
- Complying with all company policies, procedures and work instructions.
- Complying with all food hygiene legislation.
- Complying with all data protection legislation.
Recruit and lead a highly effective team of staff:
- Complying with all policies in relation to the recruitment and retention of staff.
- Ensuring effective induction and foundation training for all staff.
- Implementing and maintaining the company performance appraisal and staff supervision system within the Home.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining appropriate training for staff.
- Carrying out disciplinary and grievance procedures as outlined.
- Planning staff rotas.
- Supporting staff as required.
- Organising regular staff meetings.
- Delegating responsibility as appropriate.
- Maintaining staff morale and staff discipline.
Promote the home professionally and effectively in the community, maintain private bed occupancy and support corporate marketing:
- Organising regular residents and relatives meetings where necessary.
- Promoting the company image in the community.
- Producing in-house newsletters, magazines etc.
- Maintaining full occupancy.
- Maintaining current fee levels and enhance them where possible.
- Having an activities/events programme.
- Providing hospitality to relatives, visitors and VIP visitors.
- Dealing effectively with all enquiries and complaints.
- Supporting corporate marketing activities and recruitment initiatives.
Ensure the provision of appropriate support services including catering, laundry, domestic and property maintenance:
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained in a safe condition.
- Ensuring that the building and grounds are maintained.
- Monitoring work of any external contractor.
- Maintaining correct levels of supplies.
- Ensuring the provision of an appropriate and efficient catering service.
- Ensuring the provision of an appropriate and efficient laundry service.
- Dealing with general correspondence.
- Implementing and monitoring all necessary service contracts.
The duties listed above are the basic tasks expected of a manager in the normal course of their duty, but you should recognise that there will be variations and an expectation of flexibility in order to cater for individual residents and their requirements.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Leadership and Supervision Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to negotiate a budget.
- Analytical Skills.
- Team Player.
- Listening Skills.
- Patient and Compassionate.
- Excellent understanding of the principles of high quality person centred care and support.
- Good understanding of the regulatory responsibilities of a Registered Manager.
- Must have NVQ Level 5.
- There will be contact with Older People Services Manager, Managers of establishments providing services to older people, the Team Leader for Assessment and Care Management Older Peoples Services, Social Workers, Inspection Team, Officers who have a lead role in Health and Safety.
- Contacts will be for operational purposes, maintaining the infrastructure of the Home, information exchange, and problem solving and undertaking specific projects to service development.
- There will be frequent contact with residents, GPs, Community Nurses, relatives/carers and Fire Brigade.
Contact will be in relation to planning and providing services to residents, other users and their carers, and ensuring that fire precaution are followed and evacuation procedures practiced.
Posted 15 days ago