Shirley, Southampton, UK
£60 - £70 per day
Permanent (Full time)
A school who are based in the Southampton area are seeking to recruit a flexible Cover Supervisor in September who can work with them on an adhoc, however regular basis covering staff in their absence.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will be responsible for facilitating the learning in a variety of lessons that are pre planned by teaching staff, manage classes of up to 30 students ensuring that students remain on task. The role is a highly rewarding and challenging role. The school are looking for a non-judgemental, patient individual who is positive, reliable and effective in the classroom.
The school fosters a culture of high standards, expectations and aspirations within which every child is known and nurtured. Their key aims are for learners to attend have high aspirations beyond the school gate and be motivated to achieve their potential. The school are dedicated to raising standards across the school and demand high standards of behaviour and respect.
Key duties will include:
- Delivering and supervising work that has been set by usual teaching staff
- Reporting back using the schools policies of behaviour during lessons to the most appropriate persons
- Dealing efficiently with any problems or emergencies that may arise
- Keeping up to date with new educational policy and legislation as well as being productive with your continual professional development
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a good understanding of how children learn and think and be able to implement learning strategies to ensure that every lesson is a productive one
- Have patience, resilience and demonstrate that they can build solid professional relationships with students and staff alike
- Have a commitment to safeguarding every pupil and be able to break down barriers to learning
- Be an effective communicator at various levels from dealing with students and staff to parents and on occasion external agencies
- Have GCSE minimum grade C or equivalent functional skills in English and Maths
- Ideally have a degree in a curriculum related subject with a genuine interest in the teaching profession
- Be passionate about improving educational outcomes for all students.
Benefits of working with Teaching Personnel:
- Earn a daily rate of up to £70 (that's up to £1400 a month full time!).
- Flexible work to suit your availability (e.g. 2 - 5 days a week).
- Starting September 2019 - regular work through the year.
- CPD opportunities including a free safeguarding course and Team Teach etc.
- Regular contact and support from your own Teaching Personnel Consultant.
- Great way to gain experience if considering a PGCE.
If you are interested in the role and feel this could be something you are suitable for please apply via the links below and we will be in contact with you soon!
Posted 112 days ago