IT Network Administrator
Amesbury, Wiltshire, England
£20k - 22k per year
POSITION: IT Network Administrator (Schools Team)
SALARY: £20,000 - £22,000 per annum
BENEFITS: Company Pension, 24 days paid holiday + Bank Holidays (rising with length of service), Childcare, eyecare, private gym and cycle to work scheme and other benefits (see below)
HOURS: Full time hours. 8am - 5pm with 1 hour for lunch.
LOCATION: Amesbury SP4 7PW
Our client is a substantial Cloud and Managed Service Provider supplying technical services from its bases in Wiltshire and Dorset. The company is looking for a number of friendly new faces to join their growing team of 60 professionals.
Due to continued growth the company is seeking to recruit a Network Administrator for clients' IT systems . This role is a varied and challenging role that is mainly based at a school. The role involves providing 2nd line support within the school and managing escalation to central teams as needed. You will work closely with other teams within the company, with the aim to provide strong technical solutions to problems quickly.
You will need to be good at managing your own time and priorities as well as astute in setting customer expectations. You will not be expected to resolve all problems or make all changes, but are expected to manage the change process and keep all parties informed.
The successful candidate will work with a high degree of autonomy within a small team.
While self-sufficient, the candidate will need to be aware of the skills of other team members and use them if required, while at the same time being available to assist in his or her area of greatest expertise when requested to do so by other team members.
This is a great opportunity to learn new skills and the future prospect of career advancement is excellent.
- Typically the candidate might be a graduate from an IT course at University or college but will certainly have 2 or more year's relevant IT support experience dealing with customers face-to-face.
- Work will be hands-on, in a fast paced, customer service-oriented environment.
- The candidates should be hungry to succeed in their new role and willing to learn.
- They should relish working with new technologies and challenges, and demonstrate an ability to learn quickly.
- They should have a highly professional manner. They will be astute at setting customer expectations, and ensure that the customer is always satisfied with the job that has been done.
- They must be polite and patient with all types of users and be meticulous in ensuring the security of customers' data and technology assets.
- The candidate must be a self-starter and able to work on their own as necessary as well as work with colleagues.
- The candidate must be able to drive.
- An Enhanced DBS check of the successful candidate will be undertaken and it is a requirement of the post that a clean DBS check is maintained.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE:
This is an overview of what the job will entail but it is not an exhaustive list
- Provide on-site technical support to customers
- Provide telephone and email based technical support to customers
- Manage issues flagged by the Monitoring Software
- Perform various system administration tasks on customer site - eg installation of new systems, resolve technical issues
- Help to maintain a mutually beneficial and positive working relationship with customers
- Commercial awareness of the benefits of common business technologies is expected
- A strong interest in IT
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Able to identify when a problem may require escalation
- Excellent time management and priority determination skills
- Polite and constructive whist dealing with all customers
- Maintain high standards of work and professionalism
- Ability to work unsupervised and diligently
- Personal determination to increase knowledge and competences
- Team working skills
REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE:
In order to apply for this role you must have the following experience
- 2+ years experience of delivering 1st or 2nd line technical support to clients
- Windows 10
- £20,000 - £22,000 per annum 24 days paid holiday + Bank Holidays (rising with length of service)
- Childcare, eye care, access to private gym and cycle to work scheme
- Perk scheme
- Employment anniversary awards
- Company funded social events
- Company contributory pension scheme
In order to apply please send a C.V and covering letter by clicking on the apply button below.
Keywords: Network Administrator, Network Admin, Technical Support, IT Support, Windows 10, Networking, Backups, IT, Cloud, School IT, School Network Administrator, Education IT
Posted 30 days ago