Meter Reader (Basildon)
£9.00 - £13.50 per hour + Target Bonus
We are currently recruiting for a Meter Reader to join our client one of the biggest energy providers in the UK.
The vacancy is on a temporary ongoing basis, with no anticipated end date, there is a potential opportunity to progress and apply for permanent positions within the business when you have demonstrated the key attributes they require.
- The role is to cover parts of Essex (Southend, Basildon and surrounding areas)
- The role:
- The Meter Reader job involves reading and inspecting meters, enabling accurate bill production to the customer. With a clear focus on customer delivery, positively representing the company image and brand and delivering against the governance is an essential part of the role.
- You will be a lone worker based from home/depot, out in all weathers; youll walk from property to property to read the meters potentially walking up to 5 miles per day. Youll have a weekly target to hit, however you will plan your work load and route, so selfmotivation and organisational skills are key! Your area service manager will provide performance information and deliver essential briefings to you and you will join an already high performing team.
- Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- * Ability to read, record and inspect meters
- * Full driving licence
- * Excellent Communication skills being able to interact with customers
- * Computer Literate
- * Pass a criminal record check
- Personal Attributes / Competencies
- * Can do positive attitude
- * Excellent coordination and organisational skills
- * Safe working antirisk approach
- * Customer focus skills keen to go the extra mile
- * Live and breathe Company values
- Flexible hours 37 hours a week
Posted 18 days ago