£22,000 ? £27,000
Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
Salary: £22,000 – £27,000
Working hours: Full time
Our Client works on behalf of their customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. Our clients highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all their customers.
What our client wants from their Procurement Officer:
Reporting to the Operations Procurement Manager, the role is responsible for supporting delivery of the clients procurement service and acting as the procurement support for a number of procurement projects and activities. This is a key position that will work with both the public and private sectors and will require someone who has experience of public procurement regulations, plus the ability to ensure compliance when delivering value.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of our clients category management strategies across their professional services area of spend.
- Supporting our clients procurement telephone help desk and provide insight and advice in analysing, planning, supporting, and reviewing procurement.
- Providing assistance and support to our clients Purchasing Health Check process for analysing spend and contract management.
- Proactively building, developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- Supporting Category Specialist's to develop and lead the procurement strategy for various assigned spend categories.
- Undertaking market intelligence and analysis activities in regard to supplier selection.
- Supporting bid activities from writing tenders to evaluation to selection and providing cost breakdown analysis and quotation analysis.
- Undertaking and supporting sourcing and tendering activities
- Supporting the creation and delivery of appropriate contracts.
- Working within the procurement team to build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships.
- Following best practice in all areas of procurement management and compliance.
- Ensuring compliance and mitigate risk and liability to our clients and to their clients wherever possible.
- Being involved in developing procurement processes and procedures.
- Supporting the selection and on-boarding process for new suppliers, plus conducting all relevant checks.
- Managing non-critical category accounts and spends.
- Assisting with the development and delivery of procurement training sessions.
- Supporting the Procurement Team in various project delivery work.
- Some travel will be required.
Other Specific Tasks:
- Support and manage strategic ICT procurement projects in collaboration with key stakeholders, ensuring that risk requirements are addressed.
- Provide procurement and commercial advice relating to ICT procurement matters
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with clients, suppliers and internal staff to ensure ICT procurement services are responsive to current and future needs
Other skills**the client is looking for:**
As a member of the Procurement Team you will need to have a good commercial awareness, excellent communication and relationship management skills with an ability to work as part of a team as well as on an individual level. This means that our clients Procurement Officer needs the following to work effectively:
- Working knowledge of public sector procurement, purchasing via frameworks, tendering and OJEU compliant procurement processes is an advantage.
- Good commercial and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work within a cross functional team.
- CIPS qualified or working towards qualification.
What the client can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary the client is offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get;
- Payment of Professional Fees (where applicable to role).
- 30 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Further Enhanced Leave for long term service
- 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
- An annual opportunity to donate a portion of the organisation's profits to a charity of your choice
- Private Health Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Subsidised on site gym and canteen
- Free Parking
To apply for this Procurement Officer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
Posted 10 days ago