Price and Promotions Manager - Manchester | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Price and Promotions Manager
Manchester, Greater Manchester, England
Permanent (Full time)
Pricing and Promotional Manager
£48,640 - £60,800 plus benefits (Grade D18)
Manchester city centre
We’re currently working remotely due to Covid. The future will see us working in a hybrid way, with a mixture of home and office working.
Co-op Funeralcare is changing. We’re updating and revitalizing our customer proposition, refreshing our strategy and bringing in new technology. It’s a very exciting opportunity for an experienced price and promotional manager to join us and help us develop a new pricing and promotional strategy to drive Co-op’s choice, so we can continue to be UK’s leading and most trusted funeral care provider.
As a pricing and promotional manager, we’ll look to you to understand market trends to design and develop a clear and commercially valuable pricing strategy. You’ll work with our members and communities to find opportunities to develop a better offering and play a key role in developing a new commercial proposition that resonates with our customers. It’s a big job. But it’s one in which you’ll have the opportunity to develop your career and play a key role in a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do
• plan, deliver and interpret pricing and promotional trials, analysing learnings to inform strategy and future decisions
• develop new proposals and set the strategy for price and promotions
• identify new sources of information to gain insights and inform future strategies
• develop a pricing strategy for localised markets
• develop and deliver promotional strategies to improve profit and access new client base
• convert financial data and financial modelling into strategy proposals
This role would suit people who have
• a proven finance background, with previous experience in financial modelling, pricing trials and pricing strategy
• experience working with finance data from different sources and data analysis
• the ability to convert financial data into strategy proposals
• outstanding communication and engagement skills, with a talent for building positive relationships with partners across the business
• commercial acumen, able to deliver an engaging and commercially valuable new proposition
• the ability to translate new ideas into a commercial trial, measure and evaluate its performance and feed findings back into the strategy
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at ..
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.