Supervisor - Endoscopy
Edgbaston, West Midlands, England
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare are Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country.
We have an opportunity for a Supervisor to join their team of staff in the Sterile Services department based in BMI Priory Hospital - Birmingham.
This is a Full time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Significant experience of Endoscope decontamination
- Computer literacy in use of IT equipment and software.
- Administrative duties.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Knowledge of all Endoscope reprocessing/storage machinery.
- Knowledge of endoscopes and equipment.
- Knowledge of Decontamination techniques.
- Ability to train staff in all aspects of decontamination.
- Knowledge of HTM 01-06 and BS EN ISO 13485 guidelines.
- Knowledge of Endoscope construction and handling techniques.
- Ability to read, understand, and adhere to the rules and regulations imposed on the workings of a decontamination department.
- Ability to establish effective professional relationships with customers, co-workers plus senior management.
- Team worker.
- Commercially aware.
- Financially aware.
- Attention to detail.
- A good sense of humour and team spirit.
- Empathy towards others.
- Approachable and responsible.
- Pro-active and responsive to change.
- Ability to stay calm and work under pressure.
Duties of this role include:
- To provide effective leadership and supervision taking responsibility for all aspects of endoscopy decontamination within the Decontamination unit.
- To ensure processes are followed by all endoscopy decontamination technicians/drivers and in accordance with policies and procedures
- To assist in providing a first-class decontamination service to operating departments, clinical departments and relevant endoscopy departments in accordance with HTM 01-06 and BS EN ISO 13485 recommendations and standards.
- To ensure that all decontamination equipment is operated and maintained in accordance with written procedures and national guidance.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare have committed to being a national living wage employer and offer a competitive starting salary alongside access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
For more information on this role or for an informal chat please contact Garry Hunt on#########
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 25 days ago