Senior Electrical Engineer - Brentford, United Kingdom
Senior Electrical Engineer - Brentford, UK
Qualifications of the Senior Electrical Engineer
Minimum HNC or Apprentice in Electrical Engineering or Similar Appropriate subject
• 8+ years' experience in Electrical/Instrumentation engineering
• Excellent troubleshooting ability
• Excellent customer relation skills
• Excellent at working and documentation for team and customer use
• Knowledge of Hygienic Applications ( Food, Beverage, Dairy, Pharmaceutical, Brewery etc.)
• Experience with writing method statements and risk assessments
Skills of the Senior Electrical Engineer
• Assisting with Tendering of Projects and Liaising with the sales team to ensure the electrical
criteria can be meant
• Oversee the Electrical engineering of all projects, ie organising the tradesmen and ordering the materials to ensure project milestones are met
• Specify and discuss instrumentation requirements with the Process Department and our
• Management & Planning of control panel manufacturing liaising with suppliers and where
required assisting testing control panels before shipment to site.
• Creating Load/Motor Schedules from the P&ID and relevant equipment data sheets.
• Liaising with site and project team for the duration of the installation and supporting site manager or being site manager during the installation period, also handling any design questions should they arise and progress meetings with the customer.
• Design of electrical loop diagrams, cable routes and layouts.
• Approval of Control Panel schematics and layouts, incorporating the connection data onto the electrical loop diagrams.
The Role of the Senior Electrical Engineer:
• Prepare site commissioning file complete with construction status electrical drawings
• Complete and issue electrical drawings to the documentation team on completion of the
• Excellent knowledge of industrial networks (e.g. profibus/As-i/Ethernet/ControlNet)
• Good knowledge of MS Office
• Good knowledge of AutoCAD
• Good knowledge of English
• Very good process technology knowledge
• Excellent time keeping skills and willingness to write reports
• Good Knowledge of technical writing
• Excellent fault finding and trouble shooting skills
• Experience of technical pre-sales and technical quotation writing
• Ensure that all electrical criteria's are met from initial concept through detailed design, panel
testing and handover as defined in the project documentation
• A good understanding of the food, beverage, personal care and home care industries including all relevant regulations and certifications.
• Previous experience with hazardous area regulations
• A good understanding of control systems (Such as Siemens or Rockwell)
• Ability to specify, technically and commercially appraise, recommend, select and source various control panel components
• Panel testing in the UK
• Ability to design and specify control systems utilising Profibus DP, Profibus PA, ASI networks &
• HART/4-20mA technologies.
• Experience with instrumentation applications including but not limited to Flow, Level, Pressure,Temperature, Weight Systems & Analytical
• Experience with instrument suppliers including but not limited to Endress & Hauser, IFM, Siemens & Mettler Toledo
• Onsite Commissioning & I/O Testing experience including but not limited to Valve & instrumentation setup and parameter selection and setup of Variable Speed Drives.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!
Posted 39 days ago