£9 - £9 Per Hour
Pin Point Health and Social Care are a leading healthcare provider in the North East and are currently recruiting on behalf of clients who require temporary experienced and highly motivated Support Workers across Northumberland. This position offers the opportunity to work flexible hours from part to full time hours to suit you.
Our client has an excellent and validated track record of providing high quality outcomes focused support services to a wide range of client groups across the Northumberland Region. These include people with mental health, substance misuse, a history of offending, people with learning difficulties, physical or sensory impairments and long-term conditions, people at risk of domestic abuse or homelessness.
The ideal candidate will have a flexibility to working across days and nights and will have experience providing support and advice to service users. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated and creative with a passion for making a positive difference to others. Strong people skills are a requirement for almost any job in the social sector but as a Support Worker these skills will be really tested and essential. You will meet various people regularly, so being able to communicate effectively with people from all walks of life is vital.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in developing support plans.
- Carrying out risk assessments, health and safety checks.
- Support with independent living and functional skills.
- Provide guidance, support and encouragement.
- Keep accurate written records/reports as required.
- Support people towards managing their own behaviour.
- Support with personal care at times, following individual care plans.
- Minimum 6 months experience within the Health & Social Care Sector.
- Eligibility to work in the UK.
- A good standard of IT skills-word, excel.
- Able to use own initiative but also be able to work well as part of a team.
- Ability to manage challenging behaviour.
- Dedication to professional development.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- You should ideally have a clean driver's licence although this is not essential.
- Flexible working hours
- Holiday pay
- Free Annual Training Courses
- Competitive Rates of pay weekly
- Dedicated consultant to support you
Job Type: Part Time/ Full Time
Salary: £9.00 /hour
Posted 35 days ago