Development Engineer House Builder
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Car allowance
Im exclusively working with a house builder based in Manchester recruiting a Development Engineer to join their team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a national 5 star house builder with high retention levels, offering a fast track for promotions. They have a development programme in place, if selected its a 5 year programme working across a wide range of disciplines to go on and become a Director.
You must have house building experience to be eligible for this role
Job Title:Development Engineer
The Technical Department are involved with the product from inception to completion. The Engineering Section of the Department ensure that Section 38 and 104 roads and sewers are designed, approved, and constructed to appropriate adoption standards.
- Coordination of asbuilt surveys
- POS, S38, S104 adoptions. Inspect road and sewer works form commencement to formal adoption by Local Authority. Ensure works are carried out within an agreed budget and timescale.
- Obtaining plot to postal addresses
- Obtaining service connection quotations
- Prior to legal completion of all new homes, ensure the appropriate driveways and footpaths are completed to agreed standards.
- Answer queries from site on engineering issues
- Prepare Sales and Legal information e.g. Conveyance plans and M colours
- In house Planning supervisors role
- Liaise with Commercial on Special Projects
- Comply with responsibilities as laid down in the Groups Health, Safety and Environment Policy.
- At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
- Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the organisations goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
Decision Making Authority:
- Authority to agree issue with external bodies (within remit of cost and programme) e.g. technical approvals of S104, S38
- Instructing consultants to vary or amend designs (within remit of cost and programme)
- Acceptance of quotations for service connections (within remit of budget) Work within budgets set by others and report any potential overspend.
If you would like more information on the role you can contact Andrew Brady on######### or #########
Posted 20 days ago