Maidstone, Kent, England
Permanent (Full time)
Recovery Practitioner | Competitive salary dependant on experience | Full time hours | Chatham
Spire Alexandra Hospital is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Recovery Practitioner to join our high performing Theatre Team, with a focus on recovery.
The Spire Alexandra hospital is located in Kent approximately eight miles from Maidstone and five miles from Chatham. We offer everything from health screening and checks, to acute and minor surgery through to professional recovery and rehabilitation. Our facilities boast two laminar flow theatres and 32 beds across two ward areas, an endoscopy suite, imaging department, physiotherapy and outpatient consulting rooms. Our outpatient department is open six days a week, including evenings, offering flexible appointments for patients
Duties and responsibilities
- A Recovery Practitioner will assess patient’s health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of high quality care to meet the patient’s needs.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information
- Promote best practice in health and safety and security
- You will be required to assist in other areas of theatre dependant on the needs of the service
Who we're looking for
- You will be a qualified nurse or ODP with valid pin
- You will be trained in ALS or be willing to undertake this training.
- You will be experienced in recovery, also have experience in either anaesthetics or scrub, and be willing to perform duties in these areas as needed.
- Excellent communication skills
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
• 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
• Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
• ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
• Free Bupa wellness screening
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Scott Faith on @ or#########
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it’s their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications