£Competitive + Benefits
Our People Are Our Greatest Resource
Mechanical Technician – Energy Recovery Facility (ERF), Avonmouth ERF
Salary – Competitive
At Viridor, we're one of the UK's leading recycling, renewable energy and waste management companies and part of the FTSE 250 Pennon Group. We put waste into action, transforming it into high quality recyclables, raw materials and energy and are at the forefront of the UK's green economy. We're undergoing rapid change and development which provides opportunities for those who are seeking a role to make their mark and drive forward a best in class performance.
Fast growing and investing over £1.2bn in the development of a network of state of the art Energy Recovery Facilities across the UK, we're already established as the second largest operator in the UK and looking to become the largest. The ERFs reduce the reliance on landfill or exporting waste for treatment whilst being key to our revenue generation.
Our Avonmouth facility requires an aspiring engineering professional who will play an important role by contributing to the efficient planning and execution of maintenance activities associated with the ERF, including the workshops management.
As Mechanical Technician you will support the optimal long-term availability of the plant, to preserve the value of the assets, helping to ensure financial targets are met within the mechanical maintenance department and a no compromise approach to health and safety is embraced.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineer, and in co-operation with your Electrical and Control & Instrumentation colleagues, the Mechanical Technician will play a part in creating the systems, applying Viridor processes and prepare the site to commence commissioning. Furthermore, you will embody a no compromise approach to standards of safety, quality and performance contributing to deliver a world class facility.
Our ideal Mechanical Technician will have:
- Exposure to having carried out planned and unplanned maintenance activities
- A demonstrable track record in ensuring maintenance plans and targets are achieved safely, economically and within the environmental limits of the plant
- Knowledge of repair methods of mechanical machinery and material within heavy process or plant industries
- Experience in working within Permit to Work and Safe System of Work environments i.e. plant isolations and safety systems
- Experience in working with Preventative Maintenance Systems and Computerised Maintenance Management Systems.
- Exposure to an energy from waste (EfW) facility or power stations would be advantageous and preferred
- Some knowledge of the creation of detailed scopes of work / Engineering Specifications ready to be sent out to tender
- A demonstrable no compromise approach to Health & Safety legislation ideally relevant to process or power industry
- Possess appropriate Engineering qualifications appropriate technical qualifications such as a City & Guilds / NVQ (or equivalent) including a recognised apprenticeship
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Strong team playing skills ideally gleaned from working in a new operating team / start-up scenario, with an ability to work towards shared goals
- Ability to think logically and solve problems effectively and efficiently
At Viridor, we offer a competitive salary as well as excellent benefits including our pension scheme, healthcare, free eye test and safety eyewear where required alongside a selection of flexible benefits.
This is an exciting opportunity in our fast-growing business to join, develop and drive forward this state of the art brand new facility and help Viridor become the market leader.
If you have the skills and experience to join our team, click apply for the role of Mechanical Technician!
No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status.
Posted 11 days ago