Volunteering Support Officer
£26,000 - £28,000 Plus Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Volunteering Support Officer
Our client is an organisation that helps our hospitals do more through grants, arts, volunteering and fundraising. They support the five hospitals of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust: Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and the Western Eye.
They are now seeking a Volunteering Support Officer to join them and provide outstanding administrative and team support to enable the delivery of the volunteering strategy at Hammersmith/Queen Charlotte's & Chelsea hospitals.
The Volunteering Support Officer is a new role within the team, which they have established to respond to the way the charity has grown and developed their volunteering programme over the last three years.
- Salary of £26,000 - £28,000
- Free gym membership and access to yoga classes
- Interest-free season ticket loan
- Pension (with employer contributions of 10%)
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
- Staff arts club including free entry to London galleries
- 25 days’ holiday (increasing with service) plus Bank Holidays
- An extra day’s holiday to be taken one week either side of your birthday
Our client is just as passionate about the success of their staff and volunteers as they are about making a difference to patient care. You’ll be supported and encouraged to increase your knowledge and skills through a personal development plan and ongoing training to ensure you reach your full potential.
With our client’s help, you’ll have the chance to become a vital part of the organisation as you support volunteers to feel equipped to succeed in their roles.
So, if you’re ready to make a positive difference with an ambitious charity, this is the role for you.
As the Volunteering Support Officer, you will work with the Volunteering Manager to ensure thatvolunteers feel empowered to provide helpful and empathetic support for patients and staff.
In this vital role, you will be the first port of call for all enquiries relating to volunteering and will play a lead part in the early stages of the volunteer journey.
Your role will also involve:
- Carrying out a wide range of administrative tasks
- Ensuring that all enquiries and applicants receive a friendly and prompt response
- Providing advice and support to hospital staff who are working with, managing and/or supporting volunteers
- Building and managing relationships with educational institutes and local community groups to promote volunteering opportunities
- Managing the use of external online advertising platforms to attract new volunteers
- Delivering volunteer training
Interested? To be considered, you will need experience in the following:
- Providing excellent administration in a fast-paced office environment
- Working with volunteers, either as a paid member of staff or as a volunteer yourself
- Producing written material for a variety of channels, including websites, social media and print
- Managing administrative tasks for events, including bookings, venue logistics and event resources
A degree or equivalent relevant experience is also essential.
Other organisations may call this role Volunteer Support Co-ordinator, Volunteer Co-ordinator, Volunteer Programme Officer, Volunteer Administrator, Volunteer Support Administrator, Support Administrator or Administrator.
The closing date for applications is the 31st July 2019.
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Volunteering Support Officer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 35 hours per week
Posted 130 days ago