Functional Skills Instructor needed
£100 - £130 per day
Are you looking for the next step in your career journey?
Could you benefit from a new and challenging environment?
Teaching Personnel are currently working with as a functional skills instructor in Hull. The school caters to a range of ASC, SEMH and other students who require a tailored and thoughtful education.
About the role:
The role would involve teaching primarily SEMH pupils within a supportive environment that would involve multiple TAs in classes of approx. 6-14 pupils per class. The school caters to a range of SEN conditions and the students within the classes and unable to attend a mainstream school, but have found a dynamic and engaging school in our partner. Challenging behaviour can be a common factor to working within this SEN setting an many students will struggle to channel their frustrations into a productive manner and could instead manifest itself via disruptive behaviour.
Your roles and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the work you set is appropriately set out with the needs of students in mind. Classes can range in size from 6-14 pupils so flexibility will be essential.
- A key focus for the school will be ensuring that pupils are given the skills they need to help develop their independence at school and in their broader life.
- Handling challenging behaviour in a calm and collected way.
- Competitive rates of £100 - 130 per day (dependent on experience) paid on a weekly basis.
About you as the ideal candidate:
- Hold UK QTS or equivalent teaching qualification
- You will ideally have previously worked with SEN children within a specialist SEN setting, but other relevant experience will be considered and should not be a prohibition to applying.
- You will have a clean driving license and your own transportation.
- You will be committed to the safe guarding of children.
To be considered for this role, you will be required to:
- Have a DBS on the update service or be willing to obtain one
- Be able to provide two references from the last 6 years
If you fit the above criteria and are looking for a new exciting opportunity to further your career then please call Harry on#########
Posted 15 days ago