£37400 - £44000/annum pension contribution at 21% and more
Permanent (Full time)
If you are an experienced Aeronautical Engineering Manager interested in becoming part of the UK Ministry of Defence Aerospace Programme, supporting our Armed Forces in current and future operations, we, at Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S), have a unique opportunity for you to join us within the New Medium Helicopter team.
The New Medium Helicopter is currently at the start of its procurement cycle, and you have the opportunity to assist in the development of this exciting and innovative project. You have a chance to work across a broad spectrum of interesting and challenging engineering and environmental issues, with equipment that all three Services - the Royal Navy, the British Army and the Royal Air Force - will operate.
As our Engineering Manager (New Medium Helicopter), you may base yourself out of MOD Abbey Wood or DE&S Yeovil. We are committed to developing our people, whilst enabling delivery within defined project boundaries, supporting a positive and proactive mind set, with a great work/life balance and an array of other benefits that come with being a member of the Civil Service.
Please note that, due to their secure nature, these posts requires full Security Clearance (SC) and are open to UK nationals (sole or dual) only.
Responsibilities for Engineering Manager (New Medium Helicopter)
In this role, you will be a subject matter expert for the engineering acquisition project within the New Medium Helicopter programme, providing engineering direction on legislative, policy and product requirements. You will use your extensive technical and airworthiness experience to not only advise and influence senior leaders, but also coach and manage other specialists.
As our Engineering Manager (New Medium Helicopter), your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
* Exploiting opportunities and options for the technical solutions to enhance the delivery of the New Air System
* Leading the development of the engineering aspects for a new Helicopter, including the management of the acquisition safety products
* Producing and maintaining Engineering artefacts in support of the programme governance and assurance
* Developing, managing and implementing the programme engineering strategies and plans in support the programme investment approvals
* Leading on the development of system requirements including acceptance plans, performance criteria and specifications
* Providing technical advice to stakeholders to influence policies and processes; identifying technology risks and informing strategies for mitigating them
* Interfacing with industry as the intelligent customer
* Sharing knowledge and experience across functional and organisational boundaries and maintain relationships with stakeholders
What you will be assessed against
To be successful with your application you must demonstrate that you meet the following essential criteria:
* You will hold a minimum of a Level 4 (. HNC) qualification in a relevant Engineering or Science subject, or will demonstrate significant experience at this level of understanding
* You will hold Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer status with a recognised professional body, or be capable of attaining this within 12 months of taking up the post
* You will have experience within a Military or Civilian Aviation environment
* You will demonstrate a depth and breadth of technical experience within an Aviation Acquisition project, with experience of working across a wide stakeholder community
* You will have experience in the development of the Engineer assurance and governance Tools and Processes
* You will have experience of providing technical advice and leading the delivery of successful engineering outcomes
In addition to the responsibilities above, the following technical competencies and behaviours will be assessed at interview:
* Technical Risk Management
* Technical Decision Making
* Communicating and influencing
What's in it for you?
You will receive a generous benefits package including market-leading employer pension contributions of between % and % of your salary (not including any personal contribution), annual bonuses, a flexible working pattern to fit you where possible, 25 days holiday +1 additional day every year you work up to 30 days with opportunity for movement and promotion. Some of our sites include an onsite gym, onsite restaurants, cafes and much more.
Whilst you will be based out of the listed location, DE&S promotes Smarter working, which provides flexibility over where work is carried out whilst ensuring organisational outcomes are delivered effectively and efficiently. We adopt an 'attend for a purpose' approach in relation to visits to site.
Find out more about what DE&S offers by clicking . Please refer to the
Matchtech Group Plc is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy