Positive Behavior Support Practitioner (Learning Disabilities)
£30000 - £30000 Per Annum
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner to work as part of a Home Management team in Hove, East Sussex, that provide care, support and education for adults aged 18-35 with Autism and other associated conditions.
YOU will join the team in a specialist therapeutic home providing education and essential life skills for young adults aged 18 to 35 with Autism and other associated conditions. They provide education, independence, social skills, and/or undertake work-based learning where appropriate. This service prides itself on working hard to ensure each individuals potential is being met. The home provides 24-hour specialist care and support, 52 weeks a year.
Their aim is to deliver an increasing sense of self-management and empowerment that will lead to more independent living.
The PBS practitioner as part of the Home Management team, will work closely with the people supportted to develop and implement personalised support plans that both meet their needs and help to grow their independence and life skills. That includes promoting the use of PROACT-SCIPr-UK?.
The post holder will use their expertise to support predominantly in the following areas:
Staff training & development
Functional Behaviour Assessment
Behaviour Support Planning (BSP)
BSP implementation (including practice workshops)
Incident analysis & debrief
The ideal candidate will:
- Hold, or be working towards a formal qualification in: or Positive Behaviour Support i.e. PBS BTEC (advanced professional Diploma), BSc in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, MSc in Analysis and Intervention in Learning Disability, Applied Behaviour Analysis, Board associate Certified Behaviour Analyst status is desirable but not essential
- Hold Physical Intervention Training approved under the British Institute of Learning Disabilities (BILD) accreditation scheme to at least Instructor level (preferably PROACT SCIPr-UK)
- A full drivers' licence.
- In addition, the candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A history of direct support experience with people with learning disabilities and/or ASC and Challenging Behaviour
- A history in conducting assessment and developing, implementing and evaluating interventions for individuals presenting with Challenging Behaviours
- A history of development and delivery of Positive Behaviour Support training
- A history of working as part of a peripatetic team providing consultation to 'challenging behaviour' services
- A history of reducing the use of restrictive practices
Don't keep a good thing to yourself ? Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Positive Behaviour Support Practitioner vacancy, please call Michael on######### quoting ref MW-PBSP-8126or email your CV to ######### .
Key Words: Senior Behavioural Practitioner, Behavioural Practitioner, Positive Behaviour Support, PBS, Psychology, Supported Living, Hove, East Sussex, Challenging Behaviour.
Posted 22 days ago