Buyer - Blackburn | Zoek UK | 3af75a
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Buyer - Indirect Procurement
Blackburn, Blackburn with Darwen, England
Up to £22 per hour
Contract (Full time)
Buyer; 12 month contract; based in Blackburn; £ per hour; Inside IR35
We are looking to recruit a Buyer to support the BAE Systems Air Sector business, an opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join the existing Capital & Construction procurement team, working across the Warton & Samlesbury sites as a Senior Buyer.
The successful candidate will be required to manage the end to end procurement process of Plant & Equipment and Construction projects. These projects typically include upgrade / overhaul / installation of manufacturing plant & equipment, new builds, building refurbishments and site rationalisation work.
Typically, this will require you to work with multiple stakeholders including engineers, budget holders, SMEs, external suppliers, contractors and consultancies in order to devise and execute a suitable procurement strategy.
* Liaise with key stakeholders to determine product and service needs
* Lead the process for undertaking market surveys of potential suppliers
* Lead the process to prepare and issue pre-qualification documents
* Assess the commercial status of potential suppliers including use of external financial advisors where appropriate
* Prepare & issue reports outlining recommendations for the use of potential suppliers
* Where required, undertake visits to assess potential suppliers
* Corroborate the commercial and procurement aspects of business cases for proposed investments
* Help devise procurement strategies and contracting routes
* Prepare & maintain procurement plans
* Attend & support project reviews
* Assist suppliers to register & use e-RFX systems
* Provide commercial advice on scopes of work & schedules of service prepared by others
* Prepare & collate RFP packs
* Develop assessment criteria to be utilised to select a successful tender
* Issue tenders using e-RFX systems
* Ensure tenders are run in accordance with the appropriate governance guidelines
* Respond to tender queries as received from bidders
* Manage tender returns in accordance with appropriate governance guidelines
* Undertake commercial assessment & prepare recommendations for the award of contracts
* In conjunction with the wider project team, debrief unsuccessful tenderers
* Lead & assist in contract and price negotiations
* Prepare contract documents
* Ensure contract documents are managed and stored correctly in accordance with governance procedures
* Obtain quotations for low value purchases where necessary
* Produce and issue purchase orders in line with project program requirements
* Assist where required in the resolution of invoice queries
* Attend site meetings and provide commercial advice during the course of a contract as required
* Monitor that variations to contract are managed correctly (in conjunction with professional advisors where necessary)
* Agree the final account & negotiate with the supplier / contractor (in conjunction with professional advisors where necessary)
* Undertake audits of suppliers & contractors
* Ensure that forms of contract and special conditions are maintained, up to date & incorporate any periodically published changes (In conjunction with our Legal advisors)
* Support the resolution of any disputes or claims that may arise during or after a contract, including the engagement of legal support as required
* Provide management reports as required for specific projects & overall workload
* Actively identify and deliver savings in support of the Indirect Procurement Services Value Proposition
The Successful Applicant:
You will be a buyer/senior buyer with experience of both developing and implementing procurement strategies ideally relating to construction and/or plant & equipment projects alongside the following:
* Excellent stakeholder engagement skills across all levels
* Ability to manage contracts including contract negotiation
* Proficient in undertaking supplier management
* Experience of working in a similar position or related degree
* Experience within construction and/or plant & equipment categories
* Strong negotiation and communication skills
* Good understanding of construction and/or engineering processes
* Ability to work under pressure whilst ensuring deadlines are met
* Experience with Word and Excel
* Comfortable in a fast paced commercial environment
* Ability to read, understand and abstract technical information from drawings and specifications to procure materials, equipment and services
We also look for additional attributes, such as:
Personable demeanour, excellent written and oral communication skills, adept with data analysis, excellent organisational skills, good business acumen, mathematical skills, knowledge of supply chain management procedures, strategic planning abilities, accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) or working towards.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
Buyer; vendor management; supply chain; procurement; purchasing; supplier management; risk management; negotiation; supplier performance; purchase orders; ERP systems; MS Office; influencing skills; shipping; ITAR; spares and repairs; RFQ; invoicing; SAP; Senior Buyer; Indirect Procurement; stakeholder management; tenders
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...