Senior Control Systems Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
Senior Control Systems Engineer | CMR Surgical
Why join us?
CMR is one of the UKs most exciting companies to be joining right now. The scale of our ambition to build a world-class medical devices company in Cambridge is matched only by the breathtaking innovation that
underpins our next generation of surgical robot. Were an award-winning company that plans to significantly disrupt the way surgery is performed for the benefit of millions of patients all around the world.
Our values are ambitious, humble, people focused and fair and responsible. If you share these values, our passion for improving lives, and have the skills to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered, then its a great time to join us.
Were looking for an experienced Senior Control Systems Engineer to work as part of the Versius product software team. You will contribute hands on to safety-critical code running CMRs transformative surgical robot.
• Apply your experience of feedback control and signal processing to bring a deeper understand-ing of robot control dynamics and kinematics.
• Where necessary, provide technical leadership of areas of work or small technical teams.
• Deliver and test optimisations to the performance and reliability of the real-world product.
• Produce clear design documentation as part of CMRs medical device engineering process.
Were a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. Wed expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything within the software team remit that helps the team deliver its objectives.
A natural communicator hopefully goes without saying, but in addition wed like you to have:
• Strong theoretical and practical experience of feedback control systems
• A good understanding of software engineering fundamentals and best practice
• Capable of coupling rigorous attention to detail with a creative approach to problem solving
• Youll be enthusiastic, curious, energetic and proactive and interested in what CMR is seek-ing to achieve
• A good academic qualification (at least 2.1) in an engineering, mathematical or relevant sci-entific subject
• Familiarity with C and Python programming languages
• Fluency in either MATLAB or Numeric Python for algorithm prototyping and/or data analysis
• A genuine desire to help and support team members so that we can all achieve our best
Desirable Skills and Experience
• An understanding of C/C++ as used in embedded systems
• Experience of system identification
• Understanding of how software interacts with electronics
• Relevant work in robotics
• Familiarity with current software testing strategies and quality processes
• Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary product design process
• Experience with safety critical systems, possibly from another industry such as automotive,
aviation, or industrial control.
We offer a competitive salary and a great benefits package (including non-contributory pension scheme, cy-cle-to-work scheme, life assurance, and our legendary monthly BBQs). On top of that, youll be joining a com-pany with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork, and where fun is just as valued as our commitment to make surgery better for millions of people.
Interested? Wed love to hear from you!
Posted 23 days ago