Mechanical Design Engineer
Negotiable depending on experience
I am working with a market leading Instrumentation business based near Brighton to find a Mechanical Design Engineer to join the team.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Producing 3D models and 2D CAD drawings to BS888
- Create CAD (Solidworks) BOMs and Assembly structures, allocating new part numbers from development models for new products.
- Liaising with OEM design departments in order to integrate the cryo product line into their products
- Carrying out other reasonable tasks as required by Management
Requirements of the role include:
- Degree or HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- At least 1 year experience working within vacuum technology or cryogenic sectors
- Mechanical Designer with emphasis on vacuum cryogenic technology background. Must be familiar with Solidworks & PDM.
Desirable skills include:
- High Vacuum Systems Design & Testing (in order of 1 x 107 mbar). Experience & knowledge of SAP Small Business One an advantage.
- Experience in LN2 cooled systems and conductive coating technology an advantage.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Able to produce manufacturing drawings for vacuum flanges, machined components and welded assemblies.
- BOM structuring and maintenance.
- Design calculations for vacuum system components. Excellent communication skills (both oral and written) Ability to work to tight timescales
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Selfmotivated person with an ability to work with a low level of supervision
For further information please contact Sasha Booth at IC Resources.
Posted 36 days ago