Assistant Manager (High Street Gaming Venue)
Birmingham, West Midlands, England
£9.27 - 9.27 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
Do you want to be part of a team that is passionate about ensuring their customers have a great time with them? Do you want to be part of creating the best gaming venue in town that smashes targets, sees off the local competition and builds a winning team? Do you want to be working in a newly modernised venue? Then read on!
Our client is passionate about their customers. They just love giving them a warm welcome. Giving customers a great experience comes with a nice cup of tea (or coffee) and a biscuit (or two!) served by their friendly team. Their customers tell them it's their great service (with a smile) that keeps them coming back to them time after time. You're important to them too... that's why they invest in training (theirs is 1 st class!) and support you to be the best you can be - don't worry if you are not an expert within their industry, they will take care of that. This results in their employees taking pride in their work, getting a buzz out of having fun, whilst providing an outstanding service for their customers - now who wouldn't want to be a part of that!
Our client is looking for enthusiastic individuals who thrive on a challenge and want to learn. If you have a desire to make their business your business, then you should go and join them. As well as maximising sales in the venue through a range of marketing and promotional activity, you'll also ensure the very highest standards of presentation and customer services - your aim will be to make your venue the best in town, for customers to visit and for your colleagues to work in. Have we got your attention? Want to know what's in it for you?
Here are the important bits you need to know:
- As well as earning a competitive salary, they offer 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- There are excellent career progression opportunities
- The brand has over 170 venues and employs over 1,600 people
- You will be part of an even bigger family as they are part of a family-owned German company which trades in over 40 countries and is regarded as the foremost provider of gaming machines in Europe
- They also offer flexible shifts.
The really important legal bits about the role:
- You need to be over 18 to work with them (due to gambling legislation)
- Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/or Disclosure Scotland.
The ideal Assistant Manager will need to be:
- Experienced in running and supervising a team
- Very customer-focused, reliable, trustworthy, energetic, multi-tasker with a friendly personality
- Comfortable with handling cash
- Confident in promoting products and services as part of continual improvement
- Able to resolve any challenging issues that may arise day-to-day in a customer centric environment
- Ambitious and have the drive to support the Management Team in succeeding to meet company targets
- Confident and experienced in resolving employee relations matters
- Able to work calmly, methodically and professionally, without supervision, even under pressure
- Confident in deputising in the Manager's absence
- Computer literate (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Able to display a good standard of Mathematics
- Be able to speak and write fluent English.
If you have the skills and experience required, please apply today and if you meet our selection criteria, one of our consultants will be in touch very soon.
This vacancy is being advertised by Adam Butler Limited. The services advertised here are those of an Employment Agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we are pleased to accept applications from all sections of the community. Any qualifications listed are indicative and we confirm that we are willing to accept applications from people holding equivalent qualifications.
Any direct canvassing or agency approaches will be automatically redirected to adambutlerltd.co.uk for further consideration.
Posted 118 days ago