Project Manager - Popular & Useful Services
West Yorkshire - This Area Only
Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Permanent (Full time)
We’ve got an exciting Project manager vacancy to work within the Popular and Useful Services team. We are responsible for expanding the range of useful services offered to customers in our stores by utilising space to create great destinations for our customers to visit. Based at our Head Office in Bradford, West Yorkshire. This is a great opportunity for either an experienced project manager with commercial acumen or a bright enthusiastic applicant who wants to learn both commercial and project management skills and progress their career by joining this fantastic fast paced work environment.
You’ll lead and deliver the management of programme activity across Popular and Useful Services. Providing an effective and professional communication link between our Morrisons stakeholders, ensuring we meet our targets and project deadlines both on a daily and strategic level. You’ll manage the ongoing relationships between Morrisons and external parties to ensure Popular and Useful priorities continually deliver to a high standard.
In the role you’ll do things like this:
- Supporting the Senior Buying Manager in ensuring a first class service is provided to all customers
- Lead and ensure all project deliverables are met and build professional relationships with business partners including Retail Operations, Commercial, Procurement and Property
- Lead in the planning, prioritisation and management of the Popular and Useful timeline and milestones
- Manage end to end a number of ad-hoc projects at any one time
- Leading by example, promoting positive and professional behaviours
- Deliver functional and business priorities, ensuring all colleagues within the team are equipped with the appropriate tools to do their job efficiently and effectively.
- Coach and support other members of the team, contributing towards their development and career progression
- Ensure projects are tracked against timescales and all changes to procedures are managed effectively
- Ensure that projects are planned effectively, on track and any issues to timeline are mitigated
- Coordinate and track all capex/opex spend and Return on Investment against budget targets
- Building and maintaining a working partnership with our stakeholders to reduce costs and increase profit across the Popular and Useful Services programme
- Ensure all Popular and Useful initiatives are synergised across the group to maximise profit and cease duplication
You’ll need skills and experience like this:
- A knowledge of Project management methodologies is advantageous
- Qualified to APM certificate in Project Management is desirable but not essential
- Good knowledge of retail and experience of store operations is an advantage
- Commercial acumen and ability to negotiate with suppliers and tenants.
- Ability to work to targets and deadlines on multiple projects whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy
- IT literate in excel (for data analysis), word, power point, Visio
- Good communication skills at all levels both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast paced pressurised environment
- Proven experience in analytical techniques
Fresh thinking is the name of the game. We think innovatively to provide our customers with quality products and fresh, tasty food from all over the world.
We love talking to suppliers about their products and going out in the field (quite literally) to see what we’re buying for ourselves. We’re refreshingly different because we’re the UK’s most integrated food retailer with our own bakery, cooked meat factory, cheese packaging facilities, fish processing plants and more.
Together we’re a team of 450 people who decide what we sell and at what price. We negotiate deals with suppliers. We listen to what brands and products our customers want. And we look for the best local produce, tracking down products around the world to meet constantly changing tastes.
Own brands. Value brands. Global brands. We take great pride in them all. We also offer you the chance to specialise whether fashion, fruit or frozen food is your passion.
Why Morrisons? We’re multi-award winning - named retailer of the year for international wine and meat & fish. We prepare more food in our stores than any other UK retailer. We also have more in-store Butchers, Fishmongers and Bakers than our competitors. Put simply we’re as passionate about providing good quality products as you are.
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer a discount card for you and two for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, a highly competitive pension scheme, Life Assurance and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Posted 100 days ago