HGV Class 1 C+E Driver
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£10.50 - £13.50 per hour
Permanent (Full time)
HGV Class 1 C +E Driver
Job Type: Perm
Start date: ASAP
Daniel Owen are currently helping one of our clients who is seeking to hire HGV class 1 C+E Driver Operators to join their team. Their customers are primarily local authorities throughout England, Scotland and Wales so you must have the flexibility to work away from home as required.
You will report to the Operations Manager and will work in close cooperation with the Local Authority.
The role will consist of operating the truck to carry out road maintenance and surface patching, so experience within construction or machinery would be beneficial.
The nature of the work requires the operator/driver to have a high level of selfmotivation and be able to work alone and as a part of a team.
Successful candidates will be required to be presentable at all times and have an ability to interact and work well with people.
- A clean Category C+E licence, with minimum of 1 year driving experience
- Aptitude for construction machinery a background in excavator use would be an advantage
- Have a keen eye for level surfaces and irregularities
- Mechanical ability would be an advantage to facilitate minor servicing tasks and repairs on the machine
- Fluency in English.
- Must be able to use email, a tablet and a mobile phone
- Have good organisational skills to keep paperwork in order
- Demonstrate a commitment to customer service
- Be a team player and also be comfortable working independently
- Have initiative and demonstrate a flexible cando approach to work
Benefits: Our client has a range of fantastic benefits to offer. If you feel you would be wellsuited for this position please apply, or contact for more information.
For more information please contact Daniel Owen on######### for more details.
Posted 136 days ago