Service Support Manager
Permanent (Full time)
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK’s leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there’s no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Delivering the exceptional, every day
• Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
• Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
• Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
• Our culture – our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it’s keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers’ business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
• Knowledge of relevant procedures
• Level of customer Service
• Team Player
• Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Service support manager required for the Glasgow and surrounding area’s to oversee standards through auditing and ensuring staffing on all sites to complete payroll. Client liason, store visits and communication must be IT literate and have supervisory experience within the cleaning industry. Able to work on their own initiative as well as in a team.
- To understand the Service Level Agreement and Cleaning Specification to review performance of delivery in each contract to ensure the required standard is delivered for the client.
- To complete RAG audit inspections within contracts that are considered at risk and failing to meet the required SLA as specified by the client.
- To build relationships and rapour with each contract client within the geographical region, ensuring a meeting takes place with each client a minimum of once per month.
- To recognise and identify the ability to quote for additional ad-hoc work for the client, passing details onto the relevant team or sub-contractor for quotation and ensuring a financial margin is achieved.
- To manage and implement the necessary weekly documents in line with policy at each site, including; next steps, periodic cleaning, staff attendance sheets, housekeeping logs.
- Ensure adequate delivery of Health and Safety and compliance ensuring all policies and procedures are aligned with Mitie QHSE team and the Client, ensuring all risks are mitigated efficiently and effectively.
- To observe all client and and company statutory fire and safety regulations to promote a safe working environment for all Mitie staff in a diligent manner.
- A significant level of management previous experience ideally in a Facilities Management environment and experience of managing soft services both self-delivered and sub-contracted as well as experience of managing contracts to KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Financial acumen and commercial awareness.
- Strong and effective communication skills, analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Strong customer/ client focused attitude.
- Demonstrable decision making skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across different internal businesses to support, in a joined up fashion, the integrated service delivery model to the client.
- Ability to build and maintain excellent relationship, internally and externally.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and motivate your team.
- Drive for continuous improvements in service delivery.
- Ensure that cleaning meets the required standards of the client.
- Able to use own initiative.
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills, efficient and effective.
- Self-driven and determined.
- Client focused.
- Ability to support the production of reports on service delivery performance.
- Health and Safety Qualification IOSH desirable.
- Must be IT literate to use Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Basic written and verbal English to understand Health and Safety practices and communicate effectively with the client and request additional duties.
Health and Safety responsibilities
- Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
- Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
- Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
- Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
- Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
- Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
- Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
Posted 105 days ago