City of London, London
car, travel, bonus, pension, health
Our awardwinning team create space that help businesses succeed. Combining the strength of a national contractor with the skills of a highly experienced design and fitout team and completing oneoff projects up to £70+ million in value.
Willmott Dixon Interiors is currently looking to recruit a Planner to join our team based from Farringdon providing robust planning support to our site operations teams.As a Planner working directly with our operational teams you will be delivering good quality logical programmes, associated work and ongoing monitoring for projects on site. There will also be a requirement to assist the Preconstruction teams in developing tender programmes for submission documents.
You will have experience of identifying complex project issues early to reduce the impact on working programmes. You will work in conjunction with site teams, management teams and design teams to update programmes with feasible and workable resolutions. Assist with the production of short term programmes and add detail to existing programmes where required. You will also be required to produce and update progress programmes on a weekly or monthly basis.
Experience in the refurbishment and fit out sectors are essential, ideally having a good back ground in both, and across a wide range of project values.
Experience in the following areas:
- Experience in NEC contracts would be highly beneficial
- Site based experience
- Claims or dispute experience would be advantageous
- Ideally from a main contracting background
- Experience using Asta Powerproject or similar software
- Highly IT literate
You will be instrumental in planning resources for projects in collaboration with the other members of the project as well as project resource requirements for future workloads.
As the specialist interiors arm of the Willmott Dixon Group we are currently involved in some major projects. These include some major refurbishment to listed and landmark buildings, hotels, universities, and offices. We have a very strong pipeline of interesting work for 2019 and beyond nationwide.
We mitigate our risks and work within a number of key sectors including; commercial, medical, government, hospitality and education and we would look for either specialists or a mix of sector experience.
You will be joining a friendly and supportive team and we hope to offer you a career of a lifetime.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos!
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC/NVQ4)
- Appropriate CSCS card
- Experience of accurate programming and sequencing from outputs
- Understanding of construction technology and methods including steel structures, concrete frames, timber frames etc
- Experience of using ASTA Power Project
- Experience of reading and accurately interpreting drawings, specification and other construction information
- Experience of working with supply chain and having interaction with customers and communities
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Appropriate membership of relevant professional body
- Valid driving licence
- Identify your customers needs and expectations and strive to deliver them
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
- Willmott Dixon is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queens Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
Posted 30 days ago