Stockport, Greater Manchester
£120 - £160 per day
Have you got experience as a teacher and want to expand your skill set into the Special Educational Needs (SEN) sector?
Do you want to work with pupils who are eager to learn and help them to progress in their education?
We are looking for a qualified and experienced teach to work in a mainstream High School in Stockport. You will be working with pupils between the ages of 11 and 16. You will be working with pupils who have SEN, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD), severe learning difficulties (SLD) and profound multiple learning difficulties (PMLD). The school aims to be a world class school which educates for life. They want their pupils to achieve success and selffulfilment within a global arena and knowledge based society.
The school has developed a series of training and professional development packages to support their SEN pupils; specifically with regard to qualityfirst, inclusive teaching and support. The school operates a personalised approach to the curriculum for pupils with SEN. This includes a Supported Learning Pathway as part of the option choices and dual role arrangements with specialist provision.
The school has a range of specialists as part of the staff team including:
- 2 Speech & Language Therapists
- A Psychotherapist
- An Educational Psychologist
- Specific Learning Difficulties Specialist
The school has many values, some of these are:
- To instil a passion for lifelong learning.
- To provide opportunities so that all individuals are motivated to fulfil their potential.
- To encourage individuals to be responsible for themselves, their own learning and their environment.
- To encourage an independent, flexible approach towards learning.
- To encourage individuals to be tolerant and respectful of others and their views regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, physical or academic ability.
- To realise that individuals learn through different styles of teaching and this is acceptable.
The benefits of this role include:
- Working with a skilled staff team who will develop your teaching expertise with SEN pupils
- The opportunity to work in a diverse role
- Working in a school ranked outstanding by Ofsted
- Gaining experience within the SEN sector and expanding your teaching career
The responsibilities of this role are:
- Delivering enthusiastic lessons to pupils
- Creating innovative and informative lesson plans
- Tracking the progress of pupils and reviewing lesson plans to accommodate for any successes or weaknesses
- Differentiating lesson plans to give equal opportunities to all pupils to progress
The requirements for this role are:
- Having a DBS on the update service
- Being a qualified teacher with teaching experience (NQTs are welcome to apply)
- Having a dedication to helping pupils to achieve their best
- Knowledge and understanding or the core subjects (English, Maths and Science)
The successful candidate will have the chance to work in a fabulous high school with some amazing pupils. You will be given the training required to excel in the Special Educational Needs sector and you will be given continuous support from the staff team. You will be working in a warm, caring and nurturing environment and will work with some amazing pupils, helping them to reach their full potential.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Sophie on or email at #########
Posted 42 days ago