Home Care Worker (Up to £10.15/Hour) - Stenhouse, Edinburgh
EH11, Gorgie, Edinburgh, Scotland
£9.64 - £10.15
Community Support Worker in Edinburgh
Do you enjoy helping others and making a significant difference to someone’s life? If you do, then a support worker career could be for you!
It doesn't matter about your experience, if you want to help people there's a career opportunity for you in Shaw healthcare. What matters are your personal values. We will provide you with the training you need, including an Induction and ongoing development and progression.
Our Support Workers deliver a high quality of care and support to our service users in line with our core values of 'Wellness, Happiness, and Kindness'. We believe that these should be present in all we do, both for employees and those who use our services. Our vision is to provide the quality of care that we would want for our own loved ones
We are currently recruiting for a Community Support Worker to support vulnerable adults in their homes within the Edinburgh area. You will work together with the care team to ensure that the physical, social, psychological and emotional needs of our service users are met, by supporting with tasks such as;
- Medication – this could be prompting or administering medication;
- Meal Preparation;
- Prompting with personal care;
- Accompanying to medical appointments if needed;
- Support with light household duties, including laundry, shopping and cleaning;
- Building links in the community.
The skills you’ll need
- A positive and caring person, who is confident and able to deliver individualised support in line with each of our service users support guidelines.
- Communicate and engage effectively with our service users, their families and colleagues, taking part in social activities and promoting their independence and dignity.
- Strong interpersonal and working relationship skills.
- Good understanding of the disabilities, health and social care needs of our service users and a desire to learn.
- A proactive approach to help motivate our service users to achieve their goals.
- If you are starting or returning to a career in care we will support you with an apprenticeship.
As the role requires working with vulnerable adults, your employment will be subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including references, and a criminal record check via the Disclosure Scotland PVG scheme
All successful candidates must register with SSSC within the first 3 months of employment.
Posted 17 days ago