Senior Developer (JAVA)
Marbella, MÃ¡laga, Spain
Basebone is a digital content business focused on the mobile phone user.
We are the creators and owners of Baseplay streaming services, where users can enjoy a wide range of games, music and video content from their phone. The freemium model offers access to limited content for free or to subscribe for unlimited entertainment, without ads.
Baseplay is available on www.baseplay.co (http://www.baseplay.co/) and the Google Play Store.
The goal for the company is to be within the top 3 in each market we operate, by mastering the entirety of the value chain, from online advertising to mobile billing have been running successfully for over a decade and we are proud to be the market leaders in South Africa and Kenya. We have 50+ talented staff with a global presence having offices in London, Marbella, Cape Town and Nicosia. For more information on our company please visit us at www.basebone.com (http://www.basebone.com/).
Core responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- To work with a team of programmers developing and maintaining a mobile billing and messaging platform including its front- and back-end.
- Working on Debian/AWS based servers with Java / Erlang in tight integration.
- Develop and extend connections to mobile networks and aggregators all over the world, extend web based APIs, work on server side applications for our CRM system and create PHP / Bash scripts to schedule tasks, maximize performance of integrations and lead technical communication with your opposites at mobile networks, aggregators and suppliers.
We expect you to take your own initiatives and responsibilities in our team and will put you in charge of some parts of our system.
Qualifications and Experience:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years with JAVA
- 2+ years with Erlang (Advantageous)
- 3+ years experience with a scripting language like PHP, Python, Perl, Ruby etc.
- 4+ years of Linux experience, preferably debian based
- 4+ years with MySql
- Complex SQL queries and database schema design
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with modern server components (Memcache, Couchbase, RabbitMQ, etc)
- Working in a collaborative team environment using tools like Git and Slack.
- Knowledge of common web security vulnerabilities such as SQL Injection and XSS
- Shell scripting (ksh, bourne, bash, csh, etc)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to interact with outside collaborators and partners regularly
- Experience integrating open source and third-party applications into existing systems
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, Subversion, etc
- Scrum, Kanban, or other agile methodologies
- Collaborating with engineering teams in multiple locations
Experience with application profilers
We are continually adding and improving our benefits but here are some of the perks we offer:
- Life insurance
Complimentary catering and as much coffee as you can drink!
Basebone is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
By sending your CV, you give your explicit consent to BASEBONE for the treatment and storage of your personal data as required by the European Union General Data Protection Regulation
Posted 21 days ago