Finance Business Partner
Newcastle upon Tyne
£28221 - £31401 Per Annum 28,221-31,401 per annum
Your Homes Newcastle (YHN) are an Arm's Length Management Organisation (ALMO) responsible for managing council homes on behalf of Newcastle City Council (NCC). We were set up in 2004 to manage council properties, to improve housing in order to meet the Government's Decent Homes standard, and to provide a range of support services for NCC.
We currently manage 26,700 council homes and 1,500 leasehold properties on behalf of NCC, and over 700 homes on behalf of Leazes Homes.
YHN recently won the Supported Housing Landlord of the year category at the 2018 UK Housing Awards in recognition of the organisation's achievements in supporting refugee families.
The Finance Business Partner will work as part of a team to deliver a one stop shop approach for finance and performance services to specified YHN business partners. The role will provide; management reporting, budget support, the evaluation of key business initiatives, and the provision of information, to enable the work of the Corporate Reporting Team.
The Finance Business Partner will manage the successful operation of processes relating to management accounting for their area, including;
- Budget setting
- Actual reporting and budget monitoring
- Relevant balance sheet areas
They will also assign work to the Finance Business Partner Technician to provide effective and efficient finance and accountancy support services to internal customers.
Further, the Finance Business Partner will assist the Lead Finance Business Partner in new business partner initiatives, forecasting and reporting to the Corporate Reporting Team and liaise with the relevant Performance Business Partner to allow development of performance (financial and non-financial).
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified to Association of Accountancy Technicians, or equivalent, including knowledge of the Chart of Accounts and Financial Regulations and working towards professional qualifications : ACA/CIPFA/CIMA/ACCA
- Experience of financial systems and management reporting, including the interpretation of data to accountancy standards, concepts and conventions
- Competence in the use of Excel at an advanced level for the provision of financial management information and its use in a wide variety of documents and reports
- Ability to interpret, analyse and give financial advice on complex financial information and proposals
- Ability to be well organised and motivated
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to relate non-financial performance to financial performance
This role is being recruited on a retained basis by Nigel Wright. Please email a CV and covering letter in the first instance to #########
Posted 34 days ago