IT Operations Engineer (Linux)
£30000 - £36000 per annum
Did you want to learn and develop Linux skills within a rapidly expanding Cloud Business in Central Bath?
Employed as a IT Operations Engineer your work will contribute towards the companys 24 hours operation, monitoring, maintaining, supporting and deploying unique cloud, virtualised and Windows & Linux infrastructure (Ubuntu, Centos, Debian, Redhat, and Samba).
The current environment favours Linux (hence why any flavour is of interest), however your Windows skills will still benefit you on a daily basis.
Touching distance of Bath Spa Train Station & Bath Bus Depot. Stateoftheart facility and working environment, with technical training programmes available to develop and learn Linuxbased technologies.
If working within a shift pattern, 4 days on (7.30am7.30pm), 4 days off, suits your worklife balance then this is role for you. You will only work 196 days each year!
Skills & Experience;
- Windows Operating Systems (Windows Server 2008, 2012 or 2016)
- Exposure to Virtualisation (ideally Xen, alternatively advanced knowledge of others such as VMWare, KVM, HyperV etc.).
- Linux Ubuntu Operating systems, other flavours of Linux will be of interest Debian, Red Hat/Redhat or Centos.
- Played around with Shell scripting (ideally BASH, or Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell etc.).
- Exposure of resilient and redundant file systems (ideally ZFS and DRBD, alternatively advanced knowledge of similar such as btrfs, LVM, RAID, CEPH, clustering solutions etc.).
If you consider yourself a Windows based IT Operations Engineer, however wanting to learn Linux based technology then please contact Computer Futures or Stuart Lewis directly on#########
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy Registered office 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom Partnership Number OC387148 England and Wales
Posted 22 days ago