(389jc) Capability Manager - Naval Sonar
Capability Manager - Naval Sonar (389jc) Weymouth - £ Competitive
As part of a large Group our Client Company is a UK based solutions provider and systems integrator operating in the Defence and Aerospace markets, delivering world leading products, solutions and services to their national and international customers. They are currently seeking to recruit audacious and highly capable people to work on cutting edge technologies and inspire their up and coming team members to deliver best in class results. At the Company you will:
- be part of an agile organisation, with the ability to make a real difference
- have the opportunity to be involved in multiple domains and projects, throughout the engineering lifecycle
- work in a dynamic environment, with the ability to make significant personal impact
- have exposure to all functional and business areas, with opportunities to broaden your knowledge
- be in an environment where talent is recognised and promoted, independent of experience
- have the opportunity to work on exciting new product developments
- work for the dominant provider of UK surface ship Anti-Submarine Warfare solutions, with many related export opportunities
They operate in the following areas: Underwater
- Warfare: this includes working on game changing naval Integrated Sonar System (ISS), hull mounted anti-submarine warfare sonar system, towed array sonar systems, surface ship and submarine torpedo defence and countermeasures, and distributed anti-submarine warfare systems (sonobuoys), including Multi-Static Active (MSA) technologies. Maritime:
- this includes new build and modernisation solutions for naval combat systems, combat management systems, electro optical surveillance and tracking, weapon fire control and servo control and signature measurement solutions for both surface and sub-surface platforms. Land:
- this includes vision systems and turret servo control and the capability to implement improvements and upgrades across all electronic systems for armoured fighting vehicles. C2ISR:
- this includes deployable Air Command and Control and data link systems as well as complex surveillance and security solutions for maritime surface, underwater and land borders. Through-life Support:
- solutions are also part of their offering, including contractor logistics support, waterfront support, spares and inventory management, technology refresh of own- and third-party systems.
Purpose of Role This is an exciting opportunity to play a leadership role in the development of the next generation of Naval Sonars. Our Client is a world leader in Variable Depth and Hull Mount Sonars (VDS/ HMS) technology, with systems in-service with the Royal Navy and selected for several navies worldwide. As a Naval Sonar Capability Manager, you will be responsible for developing the Naval Sonar market through customer and partner engagement; providing the thought-leadership required to develop the operational concepts; identifying and securing internal/external R&D programmes to develop these systems; acting as System Design Authority (SDA) to provide the technical vision and assurance required to successfully develop these systems; and working with other Capability Managers / domain experts to develop a coherent and compelling product portfolio.
The global proliferation of sophisticated submarine threats and the Company’s pedigree and ambition in this domain make this an extremely exciting time to join their team.
Key Responsibilities The Capability Manager (Naval Sonar) is responsible for:
- Acting as a Naval Sonar Domain Expert, including developing the product strategy and roadmaps.
- Developing the operational concepts for both single ship and force level ASW.
- Working with the Marketing Team to engage with Customers and Partners to develop the Naval Sonar market
- Provide technical and thought leadership in bids to secure R&D programmes.
- Keeping appraised of technical developments and future technology to ensure that the product portfolio evolves through both progressive and disruptive innovation.
- Identifying competitive / technical threats to the strategy and mitigating these where possible.
- Performing System Design Authority (SDA) role on various Naval Sonar programmes including providing technical governance of engineering activities.
- Design sign-off through key stages of the lifecycle including design reviews.
- Identification and mitigation of Technical Risk.
- Product Certification and Compliance approval (all technical aspects, including contractual & legislative).
- Degree in a relevant subject (Engineering or Computer Science) or equivalent qualification / experience.
- Significant experience across all areas of the Systems Engineering lifecycle, with SDA experience desirable.
- Experience in the operation or development of naval sonars is desirable.
- Appreciation of software, electrical, electronic and mechanical engineering.
- Able to travel to UK and worldwide destinations when required.
Benefits The Company offers a competitive salary, bonus scheme based on company profit/cash targets, 25 days’ holiday with the option to buy additional 5 days, a flexible Company benefits scheme you can tailor to suit your needs, competitive Pension Scheme with Life Assurance, flexible start/finish times, a confidential Employee Support Helpline, free car parking
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin, at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on######### Ext 1 or ######### or via the website www.ex-mil.co.uk TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY.
Posted 31 days ago