Live-In Support Worker Southwark
Greater London, England
£90 per day + £10 per day expenses
Permanent (Full time)
Live-In Support Care Worker Job Description
Would you like a job that is rewarding? Would you like to have a genuine impact on someone's quality of life? Do you enjoying caring for others?
Then a Care Support Worker role could be ideal for you.
Our client provides a high standard of Home (Domiciliary) Care to people in need to enable them to remain living independently in their own home and where possible, access the community. Our client aims to help people maximise their potential and achieve their aspirations. Our ethos is supporting lives, fulfilling potential of our clients and our staff. Our client is a registered Care agency regulated under the new Care Quality Commission.
If you know the quality of care that you would expect for a loved one and believe that you can provide this standard to vulnerable people, then please join us as a Care Support Worker and start a rewarding career in health and social care.
PAY RATE: £90 per 24 hours + additional £10.00 per 24 hours in expenses
HOURS: Live-In support workers will be on-call at the service user's house for the duration of the shift. The shift patern would usually be for 3-4 days at a time.
Live-in shifts start at 8am. Live-in Support workers can reasonably be expected to work for up to 6 hours during the day and for up to two hours (or two wakes, whichever comes first) during the night.
Live-In Support workers expected to work two weekends per month
LOCATION: Our client provides care services to the London Borough of Southwark
Work will be allocated to you in an area that is accessible to you such as; Elephant & Castle, Walworth, Camberwell, Peckham, Nunhead, Bermondsey, Canada Water, East Dulwich.
Duties and Responsibilities
This is a domiciliary care role. Please click here for a description of domiciliary care .
The purpose of this role is for the Care Support worker to work flexibly to support vulnerable members of our community to live their life to the full by visiting clients in their own home to help them stay independent and live a dignified life. You will be working with adults with physical disabilities, ongoing medical conditions, mental health and the elderly.
Your key responsibilities would include
- Providing Personal Care, such as bathing, showering, toilting and other personal hygiene tasks
- Specialist Care (such as peg feeding and catherterisation
- Assist service users to prepare meals or cook and serve them meals
- Domestic duties to keep their home clean, tidy and safe
- Helping with Laundry
- Promote physical and mental wellbeing by taking the client out and being good company for them
- Identifying other support that the client might need to stay independent and safe in their own homes
- Communicating and feeding back to head office
Experience of working with Complex patients (bed bound, Catherisation) is an advantage although training will be provided to all applicants.
Required personal qualities
- Respectful and mature attitude
- Reliable and honest
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Committed and enthusiastic
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work and communicate in a team
- Value difference in terms of race, culture, ability, sexual orientation and the need to avoid discrimination
Benefits of working for Care Resolution
- Our client is committed to the ongoing development of our staff and provide ongoing free training and Diploma qualifications
- Employee Assistance Programme of support
- Stakeholder Pension
- We pay 20p mileage for drivers
- Paid annual leave
- Earn time and a half working bank holidays and double Christmas day
All offers of employment are on condition that a satisfactory DBS is received.
Posted 99 days ago