Laboratory Team Leader
Kingston Upon Hull
Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company which provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries. The Group believes it is the world leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and for supporting clinical studies. In addition, Eurofins is one of the leading global emerging players in specialty clinical diagnostic testing.
In 2018, Eurofins generated 4.2 billion Euro proforma turnover, from 800 laboratories across 47 countries and employs about 45,000 staff.
Please note, this position is part time, working 30 hours per week Thursday to Sunday 10:00am to 6:00pm.
A role at Eurofins is challenging and varied each and every day. In return we offer a competitive salary and benefits package to reward our great people for all the hard work they do.
- Deputise as required for the laboratory supervisor including the supervision of laboratory staff in all aspects of the laboratory.
- Provide technical service to key accounts; including provision of accurate and timely results, confirmation and clarification of analytical results and provision of technical advice.
- Be familiar with laboratory LIMS software Understand and be able to implement processes relating to sample/test data entry.
- Analysis, reading and confirmation of samples and input of results data on to computer system. Be responsible for Stock control and control culture stock delegating out if necessary
- Supervise projects and perform method validation as required.
- Adhere to documented procedures for all aspects of laboratory work, ensuring that all relevant information concerning samples is recorded, that samples are handled correctly, that worksheets are kept in an orderly manner and that all necessary records and quality data are maintained. Ensure that environmental monitoring results have been completed and are up to date.
- Be familiar with the contents of the Laboratory Quality Manual and comply at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the Manual in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS accreditation standard. Apart of this is also to ensure that the EQA/IQC program is kept up to date read/confirm these plates within agreed timescales.
- Maintain a safe working environment - H&S training, risk assessment & COSHH inventory. Work in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to health and safety and careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Preparation and delivery of analytical results to defined Key Performance Indicators. A key activity for this is to ensure missing results are acted on in a timely manner using the appropriate ELIMS extracts and that any delays, missing results or non-confirming work are reported to the quality and ASM team without delay.
- Resolve deficiencies in delivery of analysis through laboratory & make relevant technical improvements.
- Be responsible for all analytical record keeping in regards to the laboratory and archive when necessary.
- Any other reasonable tasks as delegated by the line manager.
- Supervise staff in your team to ensure efficient operation of production shift.
- Train, monitor and develop analytical skills with the training matrix.
- Effective and timely attendance management of staff in line with company policy.
- Performance management of team to ensure production targets are met.
- Work with the laboratory supervisor to ensure that the pathogen lab is staffed according to operational requirements.
- Monitor staff performance particularly in the probationary period.
- Involved in the recruitment of new staff and ensuring engaging and informative induction in place that gives new starter key skills and techniques to perform their role to a high standard.
- Take part in investigation and discipline / grievance meetings as / where necessary.
- Absence management including return to work interviews, WFM paperwork completion.
- Hold team appraisals in line with company policy.
- Run team briefing meetings on a regular basis to keep team updated and briefed on key matters relating to the site, customer and the team.
- A substantial amount of previous experience within a microbiology laboratory is essential for this role.
- Maths and English GCSE grade C or above or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook
Flexibility is important due to the nature of the work we do- we work shift patterns which include late evenings and some week-ends.
In return you can expect a competitive salary, 25 days holidays plus bank holidays, good team and working environment, life assurance and other benefits such as Perkbox, car parking and employee assistance programme.
As part of any recruitment process, the company collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. The company is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive please be aware that if you do not receive a response within 4 weeks of the vacancy expiry date unfortunately, on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.
Posted 14 days ago