Want to be part of something special?
£30,775 per annum
Monday – Friday, working hours: 08:00 – 16:30
12 month contract initially, could be extended
Aldi has over 840 UK stores with exciting growth plans leading to 1,000 UK stores by 2022. They are an award winning company, having recently won Supermarket of the Year and Employer of the Year.
We are currently looking for an Accounts Assistant to become an integral part of the finance team in the Cardiff Regional Office. You will help support the region across accounting functions.
Your duties will include:
- Reconciling cash sheets on a weekly basis and liaising with the bank and Area Managers in case of differences.
- Dealing with a high volume of invoices and liaising with suppliers on a regular basis
- Producing weekly, monthly and annual sales reports.
- Processing expenses and raising manual cheques.
- Checking the calculation of invoices and entering the invoices on the accounts payable system.
- Controlling and reconciling bank statements ensuring all entries have the correct supporting documentation.
- Paying in cheques into the Company’s current account and cashing petty cash cheques.
- Producing a monthly Balance Sheet.
- Completing the VAT return on a regular basis.
- Processing practical completion and final accounts information.
- Maintaining and controlling petty cash.
- Maintaining an efficient and well organised filing system for the department.
To be considered for the role of Accounts Assistant you must have:
- Experience in an accounts or finance role
- A finance and accounting qualification such as AAT or ACCA preferred
- SAP experience would be ideal, but by no means essential
- Experience of working in a demanding, accurate role with regular deadlines.
- Have a high level of attention to detail
- Good Excel and Outlook skills.
Additionally, you must be forward thinking, compliant, have strong initiative and a professional attitude.
Posted 22 days ago