Senior Finance Analyst PE Backed Retailer
City of London, London
Up to £50000 per annum + 10% bonus
Due to the expansion of a PE backed retailer in Central London, the role of Commercial Accountant has been created. This is a brand new role so an excellent opportunity to come in and make the role your own!
Summary of the Roles Main Purpose
You will be responsible for helping to drive key commercial and planning decisions quickly, across all our global routes to market. You will ensure that the business has access to the latest view of sales, margin and EBITDA, and be able to point management towards the most effective use of capital and other resources. Planning and forecasting company performance will be crucial to all of this, as well as supporting lessfinancially astute colleagues to improve their financial skills.
You will be responsible for ensuring that gross profit is accounted for accurately across all retail and wholesale channels, and you will work closely with the channel leads and other finance colleagues to achieve this. You will be the finance business partner for selected channel P&Ls.
- You will be prepare the Annual Budget, combining a top down approach with a full bottom up, stakeholder engaged budgeting process. Given rapid expansion of the business internationally, this can be quite dynamic, and involves coordination of work across the finance and business teams
- You will coordinate and take responsibility for the inyear quarterly forecasting process, involving all key business stakeholders. Regular maintenance of the rolling in year forecast model
- You will be the finance business partner for key commercial channels, and be responsible for analysis and modelling for new business initiatives
- Weekly sales & margin reporting, plus regular board reporting and analysis
- Accounting for gross profit at a channel level, ensuring sales and cost of sales is accurate and correctly allocated across all channels and accounts, and balance sheet accounts are reconciled
- You will be a key part of the monthly management accounting process and will support the management accounting team as necessary to achieve a timely and accurate set of monthly accounts
- Brand Ambassador:You are an ambassador for our brand; from the way you present yourself to the knowledge you have of our brand and the enthusiasm and motivation that drives everything you do. Your role is to uphold the companies image at all times.
- Those ad hoc duties: As with all roles, you may at times be required to carry out ad hoc duties; whether that is to support another team member, to take on additional responsibilities or to get involved in project work that may impact not only on your department but also the wider business.
- Given the nature of the business, you are expected to be quite hands on to get things done.
- 10% bonus
- 60% discount across the brand
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Cycle to work/season ticket loan
- Life assurance
Posted 24 days ago