Internal Controls Associate - Glasgow | Zoek UK | 401753
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Internal Controls Associate - 3176343
Bonus, Pension, Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
A leading, global investment bank is currently seeking an Internal Controls Associate on a permanent basis.
This exciting Internal Controls Associate opportunity offers the successful candidate a highly varied workload, a high degree of visibility across the greater community, the chance to work in a high-performing working environment and strong career development opportunities.
As Internal Controls Associate, you will reside within the Finance Division, under the Finance Risk and Assurance function that supports a number of the bank's key validation programs including SOX / FDICIA Compliance, Large Financial Institutions (LFI) Key Control Validation and the bank's 17a-5 Broker Dealer Compliance program as well as the overall Finance Risk agenda. These programs require management to document, assess and make representations about the effectiveness of the Firm's internal control framework. Participation in this requires understanding of internal control activities, interpretation of the regulations and coordination of activities across the division.
The broader Finance Risk agenda includes, but is not limited to, governance of the Global End User Computing procedures, Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) governance and reporting, FDIC Improvement Act (FDICIA) testing and other operational risk related topics. This dynamic position offers the candidate an exceptional opportunity to gain exposure and learn various processes across the Finance division.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Identify, document and assess key controls across Finance and Operations, as well as work with the business areas to institute proper controls and remediation strategies
- Communicate findings and recommendations to management, determine root causes, obtain management's action plan for remediation in a timely manner and track findings through resolution
- Develop and manage working relationships with key stakeholders, including Risk Managers and Business Process owners
- Assist in the development and rollout of the testing strategy for a number of key validation programs
- Track metrics and coordinate reporting to project working groups, steering committees, senior management and external auditors
- Document control deficiencies which are clear, concise and provide value to management
- Comfortable with documenting front-to-back process and product flows
- Able to identify gaps between implemented controls and key risks and recommenced remediation actions
- Analyse any changes to internal business processes and/or accounting standards to assess the potential risks and impacts to controls in place
- Assist in various ad-hoc and broader Finance Risk agenda topics
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships within a global team.
The ideal candidate possesses banking/financial services experience, with a focus on internal controls. Candidates form a professional services background will also we welcomed.
Additionally, the candidate should have knowledge of project management, process flow mapping, design and documentation of controls, risk assessment and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management via superior communication (written and oral) skills.
SThree are committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
Find this job and thousands more on
Logging you in...