Junior Risk and Compliance - Clayton le Moors | Zoek UK
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Junior Risk and Compliance Analyst
Clayton le Moors, Lancashire, England
Permanent (Full time)
Junior Risk and Compliance Analyst
When registering to this job board you will be redirected to the online application form. Please esnure that this is completed in full in order that your application can be reviewed.
Junior Risk and Compliance Analyst (apprentice)
£26,000 + Benefits
About Studio Retail Limited
Based in the north west of England, 20 miles north of Manchester, we provide a personal shopping service to over 2 million customers each year through our mobile App and websites.
Our expansive product range consists of over 60,000 products ranging from branded clothing & footwear, electrical products, household items, to gifts and greeting cards.
We employ over 1500 colleagues in a wide variety of roles, many of whom have seen their careers grow with us. We’re currently undertaking a digital transformation program to deliver the best service to our customers and our colleagues and cement our position as the leading online value retailer in the UK.
About the Opportunity
Studio Retail is investing significantly in a digital transformation programme, and the protection of our customers data is more of a priority than ever. We are currently looking to recruit a Junior Risk and Compliance Analyst (apprentice) to Assist the Risk Analyst in undertaking independent reviews of the First Line’s risk and control environment, with a view to ensuring that risks are being managed appropriately.
Support the Second Line Risk Team in ensuring that an effective Risk Management Framework, and its supporting principals, are in place, remain relevant and are being adhered to by the business.
Support the Second Line Compliance Team in ensuring that effective risk-based monitoring plan is in place and delivered and that appropriate advice is given to key stakeholders in a timely manner.
As Junior Risk and Compliance Analyst (apprentice) you will:
* Support the Risk Analyst in undertaking independent risk and control oversight reviews.
* Provide assistance to the Head of Risk (Second Line) and the Risk Oversight Managers in completing a wide range of BAU risk management tasks.
* Provide assistance to the Second Line QA Manager and Compliance Monitoring Manager in completing a wide range of monitoring activities.
* Provide assistance to the Compliance Advisory Manager in completing horizon scanning and providing advice to key stakeholders across the business
* Support the Second Line Risk and Compliance Team in maintaining good governance and quality standards within the team.
* Engage proactively when presented with opportunities to improve knowledge and enhance skills in line with apprenticeship learning aims.
Who are we looking for?
The customer is at the heart of everything we do at Studio and our Data Protection strategy is high on the agenda in 2021. The team is growing and will ultimately drive all customer focused decisions in our business. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious individual, keen to join a business going through significant transformation.
The ideal candidate will have:
* A keen interest in working within a Risk, Compliance or Internal Audit Team within a Financial Services or Retail business.
* Aptitude to learn quickly from others, ask relevant questions and offer suggestions where appropriate.
* Able to manage own time effectively ensuring that deadlines are maintained and achieved.
* Able to communicate effectively with all business levels to gain the support of stakeholders.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude towards others and change.
* Ability to produce a good standard of written work.
* Ability to understand and interpret feedback and apply it across all pieces of work.
Why Studio Retail Limited?
We have many experienced colleagues who’ll tell you they love working at Studio because of the people and the opportunities to develop. It’s a fast-paced environment and the offices have a friendly and informal feel to them, no suits required to do a great job here!
Through the pandemic we have adopted home working, where possible but expect to return to the office as soon as is practical and safe. It is key, therefore, that you can get to and from our offices in Accrington and are happy to commute, should requirements necessitate.
We offer a great benefits package including flexible working hours and free parking and would love to hear from you if you think we could be the right company for you.