Senior Buyer (Automotive Body & Chassis)
West Midlands - This Area Only
Contract (Full time)
Our client a global automotive organisation are looking for an experienced automotive buyer in body, chassis, exterior or interior:
As a Senior Buyer, you will work in close collaboration with R&D and the global purchasing team. As a member of that team, you will plan and implement the sourcing activities of early engineering development projects and new vehicle projects, maintaining frequent supplier contacts on a daily business level and consolidating global strategy.
You will also be leading the procurement, negotiations and cost management for commodities within the Chassis functional teams to market competitive pricing with an emphasis on sustainability.
This role will report directly to the UK Purchasing Manager and on a day-to-day alignment with the local Engineering teams.
* Lead sourcing for specific commodities within the Body Structure, such as aluminum/ steel pressings, NVH components, tow bars. Also Chassis functional teams. Such as brakes, suspension, steering components, dampers, knuckles, subframes, springs, wheels. In addition, cooling systems, compressor, ducts and hoses.
* Collaborate with Engineering and act as main contact for all commercial issues towards suppliers.
* Develop sourcing strategies, carry out market test analysis and benchmarking studies, strategically developing a global supply base.
* Prepare and manage the RFQ process through to negotiation, implementation and ongoing monitoring of supplier agreements.
* Prepare presentations focused on business case and supplier evaluation (financial, logistics, sustainability, D&D) for the supplier choice forum.
* Coordinate cross functional teams comprising of Engineering, Programme Management, Quality, Cost Estimating, Manufacturing and Legal to secure the project deliverables.
* Collaborate with global Purchasing team
* Secure and drive continuous improvement of all Purchasing activities within a limited time frame to meet the project milestones.
* 5 years+ direct material purchasing experience from the automotive industry, preferably within Chassis functional teams.
* University degree in business, engineering or equivalent work experience
* Excellent knowledge of MS Office packages; experience with Procurement ordering and management systems and processes.
* Good understanding about cost structure, with fact-based negotiation, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Strong communication and presentation skills and fluent in English.
* Good interpersonal skills, pleasant personality, cross culture understanding, organizing and coordinating ability.
* Smart and nimble mind-set, with efficient working performance under complicated global environment. International experience will be an advantage
Excellent package & opportunity. Call Rachel Adams NOW on (phone number removed) or apply online with CV Library